Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid Fuel Cost, Time To Fight Back

+4
6N-Dubber
Krash
lemski
DubaHolic
8 posters

Go down

Stupid Fuel Cost, Time To Fight Back Empty Stupid Fuel Cost, Time To Fight Back

Post  DubaHolic Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Hey peeps it has become apparent that the rise in fuel cost has got to a point were it is no longer visable foor us dub lovers to enjoy our cars without keep checking the old fuel gauge every minute.
The goverment has decided that they are going to increase the tax on fuel once again in April by anything up to 5p. This would mean some people will be paying nearly £1.5 a ltr, in Louth i will be looking at paying just over £1.3 Shocked . They have even said that they are putiing a plan together to have a schedule fr the price will keep going up so that it is introduced gradually, pridictions are looking by the begining of 2012 we will be paying £1.70 average for a ltr. Shocked Shocked
It is time for us to fight back, this can not keep going on, we are also the most screwed nation when it comes to road tax, no other country in europe pays as much as we do just to be allowed to drive our dubs on the road and what do we see of this money??? We have 2 options, either we accept these rises and be taken from behind by the goverment or we try and speak out about hoow we feel about what they are doing. Below is a link to sign a petition which will be presented to the goverment in the hope they listen.

http://www.fairfueluk.com/

Please read about it and sign the petition.

There was another option but it would be a long shot, was thinking that maybe we should do what they did a few years back and bloke all the major fuel depo's stopping fuel getting out and forcing the goverment to listen to us. Laughing
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stupid Fuel Cost, Time To Fight Back Empty Re: Stupid Fuel Cost, Time To Fight Back

Post  lemski Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm

golf gti has a thread about it, some bloke has come up with a solution, if no one buys from esso or bp, they have to put there fule prices down, therefor everyone els will follow suit and prices will go back down, its getting abit rediculas, i have to drive a bit more steady to get my moneys worth out of neg, 40 to the gallon am getting now but i cant blast it any where, it takes the piss slightly.
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Stupid Fuel Cost, Time To Fight Back Empty Re: Stupid Fuel Cost, Time To Fight Back

Post  Krash Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:08 pm

im sorry but a petition isnt gonna do shit
i think we should take a look at what egypt are doing only way this government is gonna pull its finger out and stop taking its citizens for granted we voted them in we can soon fuck it all up for them
Krash
Krash
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:11 pm

well to be honest, nothing is going to fucking work because of the goverment not listening to a word us normal people actually say, this country is well too fucked up to be sorted out now.
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Yes as i agree with both of you but then again everyone is thinking like this now and meaning that they never do anything about it. A petition might do much but you never know until you try, for the sake of signing something which might help us get a little cheaper fuel it would be worth doing?
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  6N-Dubber Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 pm

I signed the pertion and tbh i agree with u all and im quiet a political person and my veiws are were payin the highest road tax in europe and for what bloody pot holes that can cause accidents highest fuel prices so the goverment can pay for duck house and bloody choclate bars.... this goverment is menna be a dermocracy were the people choose how to rule the country by voting them in to power but really we have didly squat we try and work a socks of to support our family and to drive our dubs but they suck every bloody penny so they can cruise in luxuary jags.... takes the Piss tbh i say screw the goverment and let the royal family take over.... yes they might take some money but its better then haveing curupt old pervs rule this country and leading it down the pie hole its worse then bloody bagdad.....

sorry bout the ladguage i get very political and get angry Very Happy peace is the way forward Razz
6N-Dubber
6N-Dubber
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 pm

6N-Dubber wrote:I signed the pertion and tbh i agree with u all and im quiet a political person and my veiws are were payin the highest road tax in europe and for what bloody pot holes that can cause accidents highest fuel prices so the goverment can pay for duck house and bloody choclate bars.... this goverment is menna be a dermocracy were the people choose how to rule the country by voting them in to power but really we have didly squat we try and work a socks of to support our family and to drive our dubs but they suck every bloody penny so they can cruise in luxuary jags.... takes the Piss tbh i say screw the goverment and let the royal family take over.... yes they might take some money but its better then haveing curupt old pervs rule this country and leading it down the pie hole its worse then bloody bagdad.....

sorry bout the ladguage i get very political and get angry Very Happy peace is the way forward Razz

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Think your training in the wrong job, i was expecting to see you in 5 years working in a nice bodyshop but now im thinking you will be in parliament with your overalls on giving them hell.

1 vote from me to get alex in as our Bomber County Dub parliament leader Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 pm

DubaHolic wrote:
6N-Dubber wrote:I signed the pertion and tbh i agree with u all and im quiet a political person and my veiws are were payin the highest road tax in europe and for what bloody pot holes that can cause accidents highest fuel prices so the goverment can pay for duck house and bloody choclate bars.... this goverment is menna be a dermocracy were the people choose how to rule the country by voting them in to power but really we have didly squat we try and work a socks of to support our family and to drive our dubs but they suck every bloody penny so they can cruise in luxuary jags.... takes the Piss tbh i say screw the goverment and let the royal family take over.... yes they might take some money but its better then haveing curupt old pervs rule this country and leading it down the pie hole its worse then bloody bagdad.....

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Think your training in the wrong job, i was expecting to see you in 5 years working in a nice bodyshop but now im thinking you will be in parliament with your overalls on giving them hell.

1 vote from me to get alex in as our Bomber County Dub parliament leader Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

plus one on that mate, alex for primeminister. woop woop
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 pm

sorry to bring up an old post but to show my support iv just signed the petition and orderd myself some stickers for me and the other cars in the household!!!

Come on evry1, sign it and keep our motoring costs as low as posible Exclamation

Mainly for those that need to comute to and from work as the cost could have a serioude impact on those that dont have anything but there jobs to rely on,which in return rely on them affording to actualy get there............. do theright thing people Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:24 pm

GOT MY STICKERS TODAY!!!, HOPE EVRYONE IS SIGNING THE PETITION Exclamation
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:11 pm

the government needs tax revenue. it is fantastic for them to bang loads of duty on fuel because a, they know that we need our cars, b, they can call it a "green" issue and make it ok - more tax means fewer people will drive c, it is a progressive tax. if we fuel up we pay a bit, if we dont we dont. their answer is if you dont want to pay the duty use public transport.

at the end of the day we are screwed however many petitions we sign or protest songs we sing.

there are a lot of upper class people and a huge amount of middle class people in this country and their voice is far higher than the working class.

if they did reduce fuel duty they would only add it to something else.

what we need in my oppinion is for the top earners to pay a fair amount of tax. if you are earning big money it is all too easy to do deals with the tax man (ie "i'll pay you x ammount in tax, otherwise i';m moving abroad and you'll get zero)

we then need politicians and government workers to get a fair salary and benefits package. this goes from the top politicians down to the bin men. I know someone who works for the court in grimsby. every bank holiday the whole office got the tuesday off too. we are paying for that.

if the people at the top stopped abusing their positions, took fair salaries and paid fair taxes then this country would be far far better off.

oh, and stopped having illegal wars Mad

WHEN I AM KING THEY WILL BE FIRST AGAINST THE WALL.
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:44 pm

not just fuel but were getting bucked over left right and central by our government..... i dont normally get involved in these issues but its getting to a point where if i didnt have kids id be out there ready to kick off like there are in other countries.... but i do have kids and a job etc so i have to be sensible.... and sit back and take the corperate shafting that we are going to get until we all decide together to take a stand, and its got to be together... full on blocking off refineries, and much more for a couple of days of that the country would grind to a halt in places, but would they listen?? people voted this government in, and the left dosnt know what the rights doing.... they claim there sorting the mess from the last government..... then deciding to send billions to portugaul..... pretty messed up..... im not one for any government but id have sooner kept the last one in, keep fuel prices low and at least fund ourselves... even though it was in the red... then we could as some other countries for help....

bnp like adi's reg is where its at.... lol

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:23 pm

+1 THEDUBFATHER
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  ash-lough Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

There was something in the news about Goldman Sachs today saying they have told a lot of their customers to sell commodity shares cos they have pushed the price up too high which is decreasing demand for crude and will eventually affect other markets. So the price per barrel has dropped slightly.

Not sure if that will reach us or not - doubt it!
ash-lough
ash-lough
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:34 pm

this is where some news reporters are getting there info from,iv herd it somewhere that prices have gone down again before going up,but this is only noticed by the man at the top of the ladder....... The bastard!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down