Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship

+4
THEDUBFATHER
i_am_me
lemski
Sakers
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship Empty Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship

Post  Sakers Mon May 16, 2011 8:58 pm

Anyone else gonna be going to this ? looks like a great event, theres going to be 3 Golf races on not including practise etc.
and as a bonus the other races are decent aswell, BMW, Trackday and euro saloons etc. I go often to watch the Alfa romeo championship which is a quality race but its not often that the others are anywhere near as good, usuall caterhams with about 8 cars listed.

I cant wait for it to be honest, Cadwells one of the best circuits ive been to and its always the most entertaining.

Heres a link to prices, line ups : http://ticket.motorsportvision.co.uk/calendar/2011/may/220511-msvr-cp.aspx

Last edited by Sakers on Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sakers
Sakers
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship Empty Re: Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship

Post  lemski Mon May 16, 2011 9:00 pm

ad rather goround cadwell than watch other people do it
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship Empty Re: Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship

Post  Sakers Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 pm

am sure everyone would though but it all comes down to cost
Sakers
Sakers
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Mon May 16, 2011 9:06 pm

how would they feel about the track being raided by loads of random mk2`s Laughing
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Tue May 17, 2011 6:31 am

i think we should do it martin, also let the rocco tag along, am sure it could maybe do something of interest
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 7:34 am

lemski wrote:ad rather goround cadwell than watch other people do it

yes but going round cadwell on trackdays you are not allowed to race, so as much as it being fun its not 'racing' , im gonna go as i havent been since the series first started.

if you look on www.javelintrackdays.co.uk they do cheap cadwell park evenings from £59 , so for about £100 you can have a good old blast, thats where i popped me headgasket last week!! costs even less if you share a car and have two drivers!!

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Tue May 17, 2011 9:09 pm

interesting thoughts, and for that money cant go wrong, i'd race round cadwell, dont have to be in a race with other people, just myself and my previous time
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Tue May 17, 2011 9:25 pm

i am hoping to be there for this. kai is pit crew for one of the cars too.

cadwell is a fantastic track to drive, done it a fiar few times. if you have a bit of balls you can put much bigger stuff to shame round there, i think basically as the top speed of a golf is relatively low but they handle so well ( i'm talking mk2's here by the way!) you can corner so much faster than some prick in an m3 (assuming they are a prick).

liam, if the marchalls suspect you are racing on a track day they'll have you off
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm

why arnt you allowed to race on track days?
its a race track thats what its for,if i didnt want to race i would stick to the roads Rolling Eyes Laughing
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm

i'm confused as to why racing isn't allowed on track days aswell i dont see the point in it reallyif you cant race
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakers Tue May 17, 2011 9:32 pm

i dont get it either, but will most likely be down to safety, load of shit to be honest you pay to go on the track to test your car and driving skill, which is simply racing to me.
Sakers
Sakers
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

i'll stick to the country lanes at night then as it cost sweet f.a to drive on and its a hella lot of fun
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

it is all about safety.

the point of racing is to win.

the point of track days is to hone skills, have fun, test your car etc

that's not to say you dont have little battles with other drivers but if you go with a "race" attitude you'll be ejected.
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 pm

as an additional note, i wouldnt want to be on track in my pride and joy if others are racing each other. there are rules for track days for good reason - it stops people getting hurt/killed.
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 pm

so i cant race but i can over take people after chasing them through a bend but not in a racing way
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 pm

i thought going to track days was about setting the fastest time possible.which is essentialy racing
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Tue May 17, 2011 9:40 pm

ian, do me u or martin ever race? cos i dont think we do, i class it as gentle competition
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 pm

lemski wrote:interesting thoughts, and for that money cant go wrong, i'd race round cadwell, dont have to be in a race with other people, just myself and my previous time

no timing of any description either, if your found timing or anyone timing you, you will be black flagged !! not just javelin trackdays either most of them stipulate this!! you just go for a good old drive your heat out session as much as you and your abilities and your cars allow basically, they are great fun, you will try to race other people, but people take different lines, theres no overtaking on corners only on the straights , so tbh in a golf as well as they handle unless youve got something special under the bonnet your going to get overtaken a few times Smile

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 pm

we are merly testing our driving skills and cars in a non competative way
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

i_am_me wrote:i thought going to track days was about setting the fastest time possible.which is essentialy racing

no you need to do your homework if thats what you think they are all about!!

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

but i cant fisically be overtaken without having to put the hammer down and burn fuel....

martin nows this too well and takes advantage Sad
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 9:44 pm

roccy wrote:we are merly testing our driving skills and cars in a non competative way

thats how it is Wink

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 9:45 pm

so what your saying is if your lapping faster than someone else and cornering faster but there quicker on the straights you cant over take them,despite the fact they are slowing you down on the corners.
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 9:45 pm

THEDUBFATHER wrote:
roccy wrote:we are merly testing our driving skills and cars in a non competative way

thats how it is Wink

Smile aha i see now ....

so when i get pulled i am not racing i am just testing my skills that quote may save me points Smile
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 9:50 pm

roccy wrote:but i cant fisically be overtaken without having to put the hammer down and burn fuel....

martin nows this too well and takes advantage Sad

lol.... i know the feeling.... but if youve got through the twisty bits and your now holding up a porsche gt3 or a 450bhp scoobie, your going to get overtaken on the straights end of.... its such a mixed bag on track days unless you goto a specific 'golf mk2' or similar organised one, there is alot of cars out there that will beat you end off..

ive done many many track days specially at cadwell , in my old vr6 golf , a 350bhp mr2 turbo , (i did try in my 16v golf till it blew) and my mates scooby , his scooby is 280bhp and to be overtaken on the straights by a corsa was a bit humiliating... till you see what the corsa has under the bonnet...

good fun though recommend them to any one, would be good to sort one some time so as a few from here can all sign up and get booked in so we can have a load of dubs out there Smile

other than darren dury from louthvw there mine was the only other golf Sad

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next