Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship

+4
THEDUBFATHER
i_am_me
lemski
Sakers
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 pm

it would make me push harder knowing that i cant have them on the straights but it still sounds like typical racing to me but its just not classed as that but does sound like a good day out if you have the money available for it
roccy
roccy
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 pm

roccy wrote:but i cant fisically be overtaken without having to put the hammer down and burn fuel....

martin nows this too well and takes advantage Sad

yes but it does amuse me Laughing

how about if the scoobie is holding me up in a corner but is too fast for me to overtake on the straight then holds me up again in the next corner?does that mean overtaking is banned?

ive never been on a track day so i have no idea
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 pm

i_am_me wrote:so what your saying is if your lapping faster than someone else and cornering faster but there quicker on the straights you cant over take them,despite the fact they are slowing you down on the corners.

if you have the straight line speed to 'do them' on the straights and they pull over to the right because they realise they are holding you up then thats about it, unless they get blue flagged for holding up a faster car, but thats upto the marshalls and radio contact etc....

if your interested in doing a track eveing ill try and get one organised along with javelin, an evening one to keep the costs down etc. once youve been through the whole routine of safety briefings etc you get to know the score.... if youve never done one before like most people that think they are a 'race' etc you will get to know the score very quickly... its alot of money for a short amount of actual track time,if you think your jenson button in a mclaren just cause your driving a gti you will be soon put in your place by other drivers, complaints and black flags Smile

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Tue May 17, 2011 9:58 pm

roccy wrote:so i cant race but i can over take people after chasing them through a bend but not in a racing way

technically, no.

in the driver's breifing you are told that overtaking is not allowed. usually people on track are gentlemanly enough to pull over to the right of the track and indicate right to allow the car behing to pass BUT you dont have to do this.

if you are overtaking and trying to out brake people and tuck into corners you'll be off.

the point of a track day is to drive your car fast but it isnt about racing.

the reason i started doing them was because i was driving like a dick on the roads. do a track day, get it out of your system, you also quickly realise that what you think is fast, really isnt! it has calmed me down no end.

i am not saying everyone drives like saints, and i am also not saying you dont get a buz from being faster than a 911 gt2 through a particular (not straight!) section, but if people started trying to outbrake each other and close doors, there's be carnage
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 pm

i_am_me wrote:
roccy wrote:but i cant fisically be overtaken without having to put the hammer down and burn fuel....

martin nows this too well and takes advantage Sad

yes but it does amuse me Laughing

how about if the scoobie is holding me up in a corner but is too fast for me to overtake on the straight then holds me up again in the next corner?does that mean overtaking is banned?

ive never been on a track day so i have no idea

overtaking is only allowed on the straights (unless very wide circuits), but chances are if the scoobie has over taken you on the straight hes going to be half way though the bend before your even thinking about slowing down for the corner..... Smile

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 10:03 pm

i think i get were your going with this but i can't fath'm spending allot of money to burn fuel on a track unless its money sat in the corner of my wallet colecting dust cuz i no its not cheap..

i would love to d track days and especialy if it was a group vw even and would most probably benifit from a drivers beifing to get my head around things

how much would it be for a group evening rufly
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 10:04 pm

any way, back on track to the thread subject any one going if so what day sat / sun and what time?? gotta go get me jetski running in skegness saturday so doubt ill get over that day so looking like sunday for me, but got to fit it in around the F1 lol

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 10:08 pm

THEDUBFATHER wrote:

overtaking is only allowed on the straights (unless very wide circuits), but chances are if the scoobie has over taken you on the straight hes going to be half way though the bend before your even thinking about slowing down for the corner..... Smile

i was more thinking about a car thats only a bit faster on the straights,not enough to allow for a difference in cornering speed.so i would catch up mid corner and have to slow down again.
it wouldnt be a car that overtook me on the straight but might be a car that i have caught up with cos i was cornering quicker.then cant over take it.
would he have to allow the faster car past or not?

i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 pm

javelin wouldnt organise a booking just for us , it would be one of there monthly evening events and basically we advertise it on here, those that want to go pay online to them as any normal person would , i can contact them and ask them to hold ten bookings to one side provided those interested paid with in a week if not they went back to there normal listing, even if 3 of us turned out it would still be a giggle....

roccy, if you were interested in sussing it out first (and you can sit in the clubhouse and listen to safety briefing etc for free as that part is open to all) and then watching how it all goes about it dosnt cost anything as the circuit grounds are open to the public on these events....

would make a good evening for a 'evening meet' too Smile

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 10:12 pm

THEDUBFATHER wrote:

roccy, if you were interested in sussing it out first (and you can sit in the clubhouse and listen to safety briefing etc for free as that part is open to all) and then watching how it all goes about it dosnt cost anything as the circuit grounds are open to the public on these events....

would make a good evening for a 'evening meet' too Smile

i like that idea i think we should consider it for a meet,some can go on the track if they want and everyone else gets to watch the non racing
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 17, 2011 10:13 pm

i'm up for this as i would learn abit about it all and it wont cost me anything and will be good to do something different as a meet
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 pm

we could do it as a longer maybe full day meet and break out the bbq`s Cool
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 pm

i_am_me wrote:
THEDUBFATHER wrote:

i was more thinking about a car thats only a bit faster on the straights,not enough to allow for a difference in cornering speed.so i would catch up mid corner and have to slow down again.
it wouldnt be a car that overtook me on the straight but might be a car that i have caught up with cos i was cornering quicker.then cant over take it.
would he have to allow the faster car past or not?

i can sit here all night and run through possible situations with you, if your interested, same as ive just suggested to roccy , go watch one, sit in on the safety briefing so you understand how things work, watch the noise testing , watch them do there sighting laps and watch how it all works mate, then make your choice if you wish to participate in one in the future. once youve done one, wheter its one a month or one a year you will do more..... Smile

it will also make you a safer driver on the road, as you can push your car to limits you wont be able to understand on the road, and once you undertsand them limits you wont try pushing hard on the road as you wont get the enjoyment or safety of having no oncoming traffic, cyclists, pheasants , pedestians, police, speed cameras.....

Gaz

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 10:16 pm

i_am_me wrote:we could do it as a longer maybe full day meet and break out the bbq`s Cool

that sounds a good idea in the summer Smile

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 pm

THEDUBFATHER wrote:

i can sit here all night and run through possible situations with you, if your interested, same as ive just suggested to roccy , go watch one, sit in on the safety briefing so you understand how things work, watch the noise testing , watch them do there sighting laps and watch how it all works mate, then make your choice if you wish to participate in one in the future. once youve done one, wheter its one a month or one a year you will do more..... Smile

it will also make you a safer driver on the road, as you can push your car to limits you wont be able to understand on the road, and once you undertsand them limits you wont try pushing hard on the road as you wont get the enjoyment or safety of having no oncoming traffic, cyclists, pheasants , pedestians, police, speed cameras.....

Gaz

i was only wondering cos it would annoy me to spend all that money and not be able to use my car to its full potential,but i do think we need to go down for a day of spectating.
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Tue May 17, 2011 10:38 pm

you will be able to use your car to its full potential and your ability, you just need to remember as much as we love our 'dubs' and think there the best thing out there in reality there old and slow, so dont go to a trackday thinking your going to beat every one out there lol !! ,

found a few snap shots from back in 2006 when i had my 2.8 vr6 golf track car going round cadwell.... was november cold and damp in places , but was fun Smile

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship - Page 2 32531_105403416173535_100001116329144_47599_2625529_n

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship - Page 2 32531_105403422840201_100001116329144_47600_1233109_n

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship - Page 2 32531_105404019506808_100001116329144_47619_6141611_n

Cadwell Park - Sunday 22nd May Golf GTi Championship - Page 2 32531_105404026173474_100001116329144_47620_7204506_n

ill post the dates of any up coming cadwell day / evening trackdays so we can arrange to pop along to watch so you can get the idea Smile

Last edited by THEDUBFATHER on Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 pm

i wouldnt expect to beat everything,i know my cars 21 years old and isnt going to set the track on fire,although apparently it does set the road on fire according to roccy Laughing

i would just like to be sure i can use every bit of skill i had to go as fast as i could without getting stuck behind someone.
also loving that top picture Cool
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Thu May 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Haha iv just read throught this and as my work have their own mk2 race team which i work for i was very suprised at the amount of crap they have to go through before they are allowed to even get on the track. This sundays race should be a good one, if anyone is intrested and wants to follow this comp of mk2 racing then i would be able to get tickets cheap but i wont be able for this sundays race. I might even be able to get a few VIP ones which would get you access to the pit lanes and watch myself and the other techs working on the cars to get them running at their best. Very Happy
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Fri May 20, 2011 8:27 am

DubaHolic wrote:Haha iv just read throught this and as my work have their own mk2 race team which i work for i was very suprised at the amount of crap they have to go through before they are allowed to even get on the track. This sundays race should be a good one, if anyone is intrested and wants to follow this comp of mk2 racing then i would be able to get tickets cheap but i wont be able for this sundays race. I might even be able to get a few VIP ones which would get you access to the pit lanes and watch myself and the other techs working on the cars to get them running at their best. Very Happy

VIP ticket for sam? Very Happy
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Mon May 23, 2011 9:12 am

did anyone go? any pics?

i couldnt make it due to total lack of finances. grr
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2