Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lotus Supercharger cooler for G60 engine

3 posters

Go down

Lotus Supercharger cooler for G60 engine Empty Lotus Supercharger cooler for G60 engine

Post  DubaHolic Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Now then peeps, i have been doing a bit of reserch and a lot of bedtime reading about doing this coversion to my engine, however i wanted to see what you lot thought to it???? Basically this set up means that i have a very short intake system from the charger to the inlet and it will also be cooled down by water rather then air, it is also compact meaning i can lose the intercooler and all the plumbing, however there are some downside, they only work well when you keep the water level low, so really good for 1/4 mile and rolling road as you can compact it in ice lol, it is not a good idea if you drive the car all the time (which i wont as mine is now just a weekend car Very Happy ). I have seen this system and it does look very smart but i am not sure how easy it will be to fit? I am thinking that it wont be cheap to buy the parts either but i know a very good engineering company who i am good friends with and they have offered to make it for me as as long as they can advertise from it after to make money out of. Basically what i need to know from you fellow dub lovers is should i risk it and get them to make the system and fit it or should i just stick to what i am running now???? Also has anyone had any experiance with a J Ladder charger being fitted instead of the G Ladder????? Question
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lotus Supercharger cooler for G60 engine Empty Re: Lotus Supercharger cooler for G60 engine

Post  i_am_me Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:57 pm

cant be that difficult to fit,once you have the cooler fitted to your intake pipes all you need is a water pump,header tank and some piping to fit.
connect the pump to an ignition live so it comes on when the engine is on.and it should be ready to go for short periods.
if you want it for longer running fit a radiator to the system to cool the water after it has left the charge cooler.

is there anything wrong with the set up your running now?

i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Lotus Supercharger cooler for G60 engine Empty Re: Lotus Supercharger cooler for G60 engine

Post  lemski Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 am

There is another option kai mate. U can get ice an ice cold spray, sprayed onto the onter cooler to give more power on rr and the strips but okay for normal running
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down