Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my bawtry auction dream shattered

3 posters

Go down

my bawtry auction dream shattered Empty my bawtry auction dream shattered

Post  lewis1641 Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:21 pm

went with gareth (map-tech) last night to look at a porsche 911 going through bawtry.

it was an early 80's one, prone for gear box failure and expensive oil leaks. it had 240,000 miles on the clock. looked on the interent and reconed a decent one would be around 8k. Bawtry (in my opinion) isnt the right place to sell a car like this - the clientelle snap up astras and mondeos, not quality retro german tin. Given the mileage we assumed ity was going to be a bit of a nail and due to it being an 80's one, probably pretty ugly too.

on the way there i had decided in my head that the rear quarters would be bubbling with rust and the motor would be rattly. the seller in his naiivety didnt put a reserve and the cold damp night kept people away. we would buy it for £3k, rat it and love it till it died.

when we got there it was beautiful. it had been restored, although it was far from perfect. we spotted a few runsd in the paint, a leaky gearbox and an ill fitted door and bonnet. we decided it would go for £6000. we decided we would buy it, and i would pay my half in instalments.

it struck up and sounded fantastic, went into the hall and the opening bid was 8k. eventually sold at 9750, reserve not met.

i was gutted. it looked quite pretty but not good enough fro 10k.

there was also an xr2i in pretty good shape. again not mint and it was evident some very quick rust repairs had been carried out in the usual places on the body. we set a 400 pound limit, it sold for a grand.

back to the drawing board

lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

my bawtry auction dream shattered Empty Re: my bawtry auction dream shattered

Post  Lowlifedubber Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I was at Newark auction the week before last and watched a light blue 2002 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro sport go through for £820!!1Stoneacre part ex with no log book but looked and sounded sweet!
Was gutted i didnt have anywhere to put it or i would have used it as my daily for a few months before moving it on! Sad
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

http://www.lowlifedubz.com/forums/

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:15 pm

WOW!

I have never been to a car auction before but would love to go... Any chance there would be a spare seat next time so that i could observe please dave????
jonny54
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 pm

No bother dude. Will give you a shout
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan