Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Performance Filters

3 posters

Go down

Performance Filters Empty Performance Filters

Post  DubaHolic Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:20 pm

I am on the hunt for a good affordable performance air filter and wanted to ask which one would everyone else go for? It is recommended that the G60 engine run cotton mesh filter and not foam filters, i have looked at induction kits and im more directed towards the panel filters as iv read a lot of people complaining that they dont see any difference in induction kits due to too much hot air getting in, even with heat shields.

Basically give me your thoughts, links and ideas as to what you think is the best uprated air filter out there? Remember i cant afford to spend too much money but i equally dont want cheap and tacky.

Cheers
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Performance Filters Empty Re: Performance Filters

Post  Lowlifedubber Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

On non Jap stuff ive used Green cotton filters before and always found them to be long lasting and make a nice ffffffwaaaaarp too Laughing
Also used BMC and was very impressed by them too.
I agree with the induction kits dragging in warm air,standard airbox with all the veins ground smooth inside and a cold air feed from the front and were cooking!
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

http://www.lowlifedubz.com/forums/

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:33 pm

i agree with low life, or theres the alterantive of a jabbasport fforced induction kit, which i smade for the g60, it has a seperate box to keep the hot air out and has a cold airfeed fed into the box to the jabba foam cone filter, suppose to be a very usefull and nice bit of kit, but then i think its a tad on the expensive side.
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeah i had already looked at the jabba ones and they are a bit expensive. Do you think it would working making one yourself but using what jabba have done as i like the idea they use.
Never thought about grinding the veins smooth, that is a good idea and might have to do that. Very Happy
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 pm

i think you could do the same as jabba for a lot less money and a better sort of filter form say pipercross, i mean jabba your paying for the name, but its all the same technology bud
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Yeah well that is what i was thinking, so basically they just use a cone which sits inside the standard air boox and the have a cold air feed that is fed stright into the box too? If that is basicall it the would there be any point in drilling any further holes in the box???? Was also hoping to up grade the drives front wing to one of those shark lot ones but this is a long way away before i do this but that is why i was asking about the drilled holes.
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm

uve got the general jist of it mate, and you can just get the slats which you weld in, but ide put a proper ram air feed from the splitter to the box, there is an indent in each side of the splitter, if you cut one out noone will see the air feed and will be sleeperish.
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Ok i get what you mean, i am going to have a look on the bay now to find myself a filter and some hosing to sort out a cold air feed. Would this principle work with a panel filter or does it have to be a cone filter in the box?????
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:38 pm

works same with a panel filter. i've got a k n n in mine, am sorting a ram airfeed when i get a new big bumper. also sorting me out an oil cooler and such hopefully.
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down