Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not dub... but exhaust stud prob...

4 posters

Go down

not dub... but exhaust stud prob... Empty not dub... but exhaust stud prob...

Post  THEDUBFATHER Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 pm

sorry its not dub so ill keep it short....

the vaux ashtray sri i use for work is blowing at fanimold... common problem, have had a looksie today and one stud is turning in the head and have broke one undoing them all to get fanimold off to paste up gasket... so now have two studs not doing what they should.... now for the one spinning, is there any over sized course thread studs available to wind in?? or do i have to dril and helicoil it? hopefully the other will come out easy too... as i need to bung full mot on it to sell it to get a diesel vag!!

cheers

Gaz

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

not dub... but exhaust stud prob... Empty Re: not dub... but exhaust stud prob...

Post  ShoozY Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:51 pm

i dont think there are any oversized bolts on the marked to be honest, i havent come accross any eather. what i would do personaly is drill it out and fill it with that liquid metal thing while you put a new many stud in it,work it in and out a few times to pres a thread into the filler,leave to dry and then bolt evrything up. i know its probably not the most conventional way to do things but it ma be wortha try, even if it dosnt last long mate it should be temporary and last you long enough to get it its mot and flog
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

not dub... but exhaust stud prob... Empty Re: not dub... but exhaust stud prob...

Post  roccy Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:27 pm

if you have a tap and die set or know of any1 who has one you could drill the stud out a size smaller than the stud then retap the hole to the origional thread size or you could just hele-coil it i have a helicoil kit that should have the ryt sizes
roccy
roccy
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:35 pm

i havent seen a helicoil in years Laughing
dont see any reason why it wouldnt work though
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:49 pm

when you do it propper;y helicoil's are really strong so it be fine
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down