Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods?

+9
Swainy20
Wiztic
Evee
mitty85
ash-lough
adi
lewis1641
roccy
caistor_bmx
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dubs in the woods for next meet?

April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods? I_vote_lcap94%April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods? I_vote_rcap 94% 
[ 15 ]
April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods? I_vote_lcap6%April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods? I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods? Empty April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods?

Post  caistor_bmx Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Right, seen as everyone was happy with the meet down in the woods me and dave have had a little chat and thought.. Why not do it again!? It seems to be fairly central between scunny, lincoln and louth/gy, good for the other half/kids/dogs and has facilities! It would be ossum to have a place to call home and seen as the BCD mess hut has been build by adi too, we are already halfway there. So opinions please or suggestions for other locations?
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods? Empty Re: April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods?

Post  roccy Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm

i liked willingham woods as a place for a meet ( even if i didn't stay for long ) but i think we need to keep it different and have other places to meet up at.. it would be awsome to go back ther in the summer when its belting weather but if we do it a few times on the trot it may get boring....

i'm thinking maybe a different place for april's meet but deffinetaly go back to the woods again when the summer has propperly started
roccy
roccy
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods? Empty Re: April meet 2011 - another dubs in the woods?

Post  lewis1641 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:19 pm

it gets a bit difficult thinking of new places though. and trying to find somewhere central - we live in the biggest county in england.

the turnout in Grimsby wasn't huge, probably because it is a bit of a trek for the louth massiv.

I also feel a bit rude doing it in pub carparks when all we do is use them for the carpark!
happy to go with the majority though.

if we decide against having a home then i would welcome any suggestions for placves to meet.
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:56 pm

I just think its nice down there no matter what the weather, get sheltered under the trees if its wet. That little hut is open all year round too at weekends. It is good going to different places but as pointed out by both myself and dave it makes each meet a gamble with the turnout and the woods are fairly central from most, around 15 miles from brigg, lincoln and louth
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 am

I think Willingham Woods was a perfect location for us all, very central and plenty big enough. I vote Willingham Woods as the BCD's new home!
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:20 am

don't get me wrong willingham woods is a spot on place for a meet and meeting there every other month would be great but if we went there every month or too often then it may get a bit repetitive ....

is there anywere else that is local as i do appretiate that everyone is wildly spread out all over the county. as grimsby is great for me liam martin etc but then the lincoln meet was perfect for many others ....

is ther any other places simmilar to willingham woods were we can go i.e. a big enuf car park somewere were the kids can run around safely and catering available for when we all inevitably get hungry as we al do... just to keeps things different
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  ash-lough Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:31 am

Variety is the spice of life!
ash-lough
ash-lough
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:56 am

How about the Golfer's Arms at West Ashby near Horncastle? Big car park and a friendly country pub?
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 am

thats not verry local for any1 tho is it ?????

its quite a treck from grimsby and quite a trek from up lincoln....

tell me if i'm wrong tho
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 am

I'd say its no further away for some people than the Jug and bottle meet was. Its a half hour drive from Lincoln, 20 minute drive from Louth. Just a suggestion seeing as people still seem to want a change of location Rolling Eyes
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 am

ha my bad thaught it was further than that Embarassed ...

could be a good place to go for a meet then...

i dont know if any1 else agrees with me but if we have meets varying around places then its good advertisement for BCD and keeps things different but i do like the idea of willingham woods being a safe house sort of thing were we go back ther every other month its just nice to keep things varried
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitty85 Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:16 am

I think Willy Woods is a great place to meet. Perhaps not so good in winter months. How about meeting there in summer then go to the pubs in colder weather?
If you go every month more people might cotton onto it and come along where as if you keep changing places no will know what is going on.
It should be a BCD meet/BBQ I think. Would be cheaper if every one chipped in like £2 than buying food from the hut. Just a suggestion.
mitty85
mitty85
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:55 am

Thats a good idea, six at the woods and six at various pubs. The bbq is a brilliant idea, say we meet at two and everyone donates £2 and we hold on till half past then a couple of us fly down to tesco to grab as much food as possible for the money we have got and get a large disposable too.

Oh and ian you are now outnumbered 10 to 1 Razz
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Willy Woods it is for 6 months of the year Cool
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:00 pm

caistor_bmx wrote:Oh and ian you are now outnumbered 10 to 1 Razz

thanks for pointing that out sam Sad still earning your DH points i see Smile

and a bbq in the woods is a good idea i'm up for that..

and i just dont wanna see BCD go down the same route as some other car clubs were they meet at the same place all year through and people get bord of it .. having a different venue now and again keeps things different and fresh was just a thought tho.....
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Evee Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 pm

A BBQ is an awesome idea Laughing
Evee
Evee
Just Getting Started
Just Getting Started

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:48 pm

I like the 6 month split idea...summer would be perfect in the woods and its big enough to fit us all in Very Happy...Great turnout too as its pretty much in the middle of us all =)

Woods March - Aug then inside for the colder months Very Happy

Agreed? Smile

Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

That gets my vote, we also need a mid summer 'dub at the pub' event where we go camp out down brandy wharf or somthing
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:25 pm

the big downside with summer meets at willingham is that the nations middle aged, leather clad thrill seekers make a bee line for there.

as proposed by sam, we might need to think about a different time to have a better chance of getting "our" spot - i would say 2pm on a lovely warm july afternoon and we will be beating the gaybikers off with sticks.

lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  mitty85 Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 am

Bikers don't tend to park in that bit of the car park usually. But yea it does get fairly busy. Some one will have to get there early with a hi vis vest on looking official and rope a big section of the car park off.
mitty85
mitty85
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Swainy20 Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 am

mitty85 wrote:Bikers don't tend to park in that bit of the car park usually. But yea it does get fairly busy. Some one will have to get there early with a hi vis vest on looking official and rope a big section of the car park off.

I vote you for that job, youve even got a hi-viz on the back of your chair. Laughing
Swainy20
Swainy20
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:56 am

one of you two need to change your avatar. at a quick glance i keep thinking you are the same person!
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  ash-lough Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:00 pm

lewis1641 wrote:the big downside with summer meets at willingham is that the nations middle aged, leather clad thrill seekers make a bee line for there.

as proposed by sam, we might need to think about a different time to have a better chance of getting "our" spot - i would say 2pm on a lovely warm july afternoon and we will be beating the gaybikers off with sticks.

I did not sign up for this!
ash-lough
ash-lough
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:44 pm

deffo willy woods i think for the bomber meets, maybe relocate for the winter months as said, as numbers will dwindle a bit when its cold n stuff, so pubs / indoor go kart places n stuff like that need to be chosen for them occasions.

Smile

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mitty85 Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Swainy20 wrote:
mitty85 wrote:Bikers don't tend to park in that bit of the car park usually. But yea it does get fairly busy. Some one will have to get there early with a hi vis vest on looking official and rope a big section of the car park off.

I vote you for that job, youve even got a hi-viz on the back of your chair. Laughing

I do have a van as well. Could stick a flashing light on the roof!
mitty85
mitty85
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next