Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure which section but...

2 posters

Go down

Not sure which section but... Empty Not sure which section but...

Post  adi Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 pm

how do you wind back the mileage on a mk2? I sold my original clocks and my gti clocks are showing way over what the true mileage of the car is. I want the mileage to tally up come MOT time. I've heard that I can attach a drill to the gearbox end of the speedo cable and spin it backwards to get the required mileage. Is this true?
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Not sure which section but... Empty Re: Not sure which section but...

Post  caistor_bmx Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm

I think you need to pop out your clock and on the side there should be the tacho spindle that you fit the drill on and slowly wind em back
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm

So I can do it at the back of the clock or at the gearbox end? If it works from the gearbox end I'l do that, was a apin in the arse to get the CD player in as it is, don't wanna have to take it out again to get to the back of the clocks
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Im pretty sure it was at the back of the clocks but I have only ever had my mates mk3 clocks out and wasnt looking to change anything so didnt pay an amazing amount of attention. Obv there isnt much info online as its a pretty grey area and people want to protect there interests. Will have a look on etka and see if that holds any clues Very Happy
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Sound, I know someone on another forum has done it with a drill on the speedo cable to up the mileage as he fitted clocks with less mileage. I'm not looking to do anything dodgy I just want the gti clocks as I have a working MFA but want the mileage to tally up Smile
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Cool cool, when I looked on etka a min ago the cable went into an un listed box, I could only guess that this was an anti reverse mech so when you reversed your milage didnt go down but if its not it looks like you are good to go!
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 am

I'l stick my drill on the gearbox end of it and reverse it really slowly with my missus watching the clocks. I thought there might have been some way of stopping them going backwards. If it doesn't work I'l just have to go on the hunt for some gti clocks with mileage as close to 104k as possible. I would take my clocks apart to do it but I don't wanna risk buggerin up the only clocks I have Rolling Eyes
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down