Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK1 POLO 1981 1.4 ABD/GT ENGINE

Go down

MK1 POLO 1981 1.4 ABD/GT ENGINE Empty MK1 POLO 1981 1.4 ABD/GT ENGINE

Post  baldymk1 Mon May 07, 2012 8:59 am

Sadly i have come to realise that i need to sell my mk1 polo. I have owned the car for the last 4 years and spent a lot of time and money on her. Due to not being able to afford my dry store rent and being out of the country for 6 months of the year i have decided to sell a 1981 mk1 polo sprayed in jazz blue. The car has mot for 3 and half months and 6 months tax. Last summer the engine was completely renewed with a 1.4 ABD block, ported&polished and skimmed gt head, new 200mm clutch and completely built up with all new gaskets and seals. It is currently running with a pierburg carb whilst i was saving up enough money for bike carbs. The car is still registered as a 1.1 making insurance really cheap. She is really economical and handles really well.

Below is a list of parts

- G40 brakes up front, new rear shoes last summer and brand new brake lines all round
- G40 drive shafts
- G40 bbs RA wheels with good tyres
- newly rebuilt engine
- powerflow rear backbox, g40 manifold (could do with a new manifold as slightly blowing from sheered bolt)
- mk2 rare black with red striped interior
- resprayed in jazz blue 2 years ago with all rust welded up, smoothed boot lid and bumper mounts
- the clocks read 156000 but were taken out of a gt polo (for the rev counter), when i bought the car 4 years ago i was told it had done 70000
- lowered 70mm all round
- facet fuel pump, and every set up ready for bike carbs just to be bolted on
- brand new fuel tank 3 years ago
- both wings are rot free and great condtion

This little polo has amazing character and although not a original mint show car always brings a smile too the drivers face. After sitting in a dry store for 6 months on returning it turned over and fired first time. It runs and drives nicely but i feel it could really be set up or upgraded with bike carbs or injection to get the maximum power out of the block and head. The car handles brilliantly and stops really well for a MK1 polo. With a little bit of work and money on a new manifold and sorting out the injection this car would be amazing. I have mountains of service history and receipts with the original service book.

My girlfriend snapped the key, i have paid for a full new lock set and replaced the door locks, but the ignition barrel has not been replaced yet. I have all the parts but the buyer will need to fit this. Due to this i have decided to sell the car for £1000. i need the space and it is a steal at this price

There are slight imperfections in the paint and chips here and there, this car has been driven and is not in a bubble wrapped show car condition.

it is currently kept in Grimsby Lincolnshire, and i am looking for £1000. Will add more photos tomorrow. please ring 07842943628

MK1 POLO 1981 1.4 ABD/GT ENGINE P1100213

MK1 POLO 1981 1.4 ABD/GT ENGINE P1100212

MK1 POLO 1981 1.4 ABD/GT ENGINE P1100211

MK1 POLO 1981 1.4 ABD/GT ENGINE P1100210

baldymk1

Back to top Go down