Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own 2 cars but cant drive them!

5 posters

Go down

Own 2 cars but cant drive them! Empty Own 2 cars but cant drive them!

Post  ShoozY Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Dear Dave

I have myself a predicament which is crushing my heart.....

I had a car that ispent time and money on,maby a litle too much money, on getting it to an acceptable standard (by my books anyway), this car however is a litle on the expensive side to insure so i thaught id find myself something els that id deem to be a good buy,quality build and reliable + cheap to run/insure tax etc so i went out and started searching.

I found myself another car that i was happy to have for a couple of years and that wouldnt brake the bank,made all the arangements to buy and pik up the car etc, the thing is i got the car home and rung up the insurance company with the intent of purchasing a policy for my new weels but was given a quotation of £2k+ wich wasnt a practical choice given im now currently an unemployd student with big ambishions and litle money.
After recieving this information i thaught it was the right time to put the old car up for sale,not overly priced eather with all the pops,bangs and whistles that i baught to upgrade the car, but, nobody has aproched me with a realistic offer/suggestion for the car the car. at this current point in time i have two realy nice cars that i am unable to make use of and breaks my heart evrytime i go into the back garden to see them both sat there with sad faces on them Sad Sad

I am willing to let the old one go with all its diffarent outfits and extra parts and spares withthe sale but i dont seem to be making progress with anything and the last thing i want to do is loos hope but can see that the light is slowly getting darker and darke silent

so my question to you dear wisdomfull dave is what should i do to move things along a litle bit? Im slowly loosing hope but dont want to throw away my targets and ambitions Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PLZ HELP Exclamation
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Own 2 cars but cant drive them! Empty Re: Own 2 cars but cant drive them!

Post  lewis1641 Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 am

a serious question.

in my mind you should keep the original car - you seem to love it and sell the new one. with the proceeds buy and insure a cheap runner. (i hav a pug 306 1.4 taxed and tested for sale £600 ish if you are interested)

that way when you can afford to run the first car you can go back to it. happy days.

if you arer definately wanting to sell it how and where are you adcvertising it? any links? sell the extras seperately too - they wont add any value to the car in my opinion.

lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 am

I have a mk2 scirocco for £600 Very Happy It can come with a set of webbers ready to bolt on too seen as its you (unless my mate has got rid of em)
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanx to the both of you for your replys,i hear what your saying dave but it is time for me to move on and want some1 els to enjoy the frutes that are bared with owning it.......iv got it on piston heads at the mo but if i dont get a sale on there then the stripping shal begin and il sell all my stuff to all the boyracers that are round hear. heres the linky : http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2395899.htm

I am keen on keeping my mk4 and have already started doing bits and bobs but not going mad on it like i did the last car Smile

What do you recon to the ryt up? another thing i forgot to mention is that the car is still on finance ,i will not see any of the money from the sale bar £200 as the rest of it will be used to settle the finance on the car Sad

Thanx for your healp
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:09 am

dude.

your title says fancy a project. that will straight away put 90% of the people off buying. they wont even read the ad because they assumy the car needs work, which it doean't

you mention the drink driver accident - what is the actual damage as i cant see any at all. if there isnt any visible damage then no need to mention it.

sadly i think you are way out on price. search ebay for completed listings and it shows what items did (or didnt) sell for. there are a few on there at £1600 buy now that didnt sell. there's loads around 5-600 with engine issues. decent ones are fetching a grand. 2 years age my mum bought a 1.4 zr for £1200

combine the top end price with a car that appears to need work and also a cambelt (you are a mechanic - change the cambelt and service it!) and you have your answer.

i know it is a really nice car but most people wont pay the premium. to get top whack it needs to be mint, low miles, no accidents and not needing any work. then you need to find someone looking for one.

i know i sound like i am just pissing on your bonfire but i am not. i am just being honest and realistic. i serously think you should either drop the price but then the finance wont be covered or keep it.
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am

I sadly have to agree the price is very steep and if there is only a few scratches on it I wouldn't mention them, if people want a car with no scratches whatsoever then they shouldn't be looking at a car that age! Rovers/MGs have lost so much value recently, especially K series engined cars where the HG issue has affected values plus parts not being available from main dealers anymore. I'd also remove all the stickers if it was me, it shouts boy racer all over it and that alone is enough to put off 60% of potential buyers. When selling a car its always about how the advert is written, too much info bores people, too little and they won't be interested. Hope this helps mate!
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:59 pm

when you look at the zr from behind you can see where the crash has happened. but when a little further away you cant.
shoozy mate you know its for a certain market of buyers, have you tried putting it on the zr owners club? also think about that clio of mine, 02 plate, spax coilovers, powerflow exhaust, alloys and that sold for 920. personally i think its the wrong time to sell, but thenit only takes one person to really want it.
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Right, having never seen the car before/met you either I would say the following about the ad

'Fancy a project' is a shit header

Dont mention the service and as stated do the cambelt, just top up the fluids for the service.

Dont mention the drink driver thing, just say some bint in a supermarket gently rolled back into you or some other bulshit that doesnt involve a road based collision.

And the price, hmm... tbh mate you may be looking at half that if you want to get rid. 1.5k possibly?
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:52 pm

caistor_bmx wrote:Right, having never seen the car before/met you either I would say the following about the ad

'Fancy a project' is a shit header

Dont mention the service and as stated do the cambelt, just top up the fluids for the service.

Dont mention the drink driver thing, just say some bint in a supermarket gently rolled back into you or some other bulshit that doesnt involve a road based collision.

And the price, hmm... tbh mate you may be looking at half that if you want to get rid. 1.5k possibly?

sometimes you knowledge astounds me sam, although you are right with the price. i would like to also add, put open to offers around 1.5k then think realistically about what people are offering and how quickly they want it. dont dismiss any offer untill you have seriously thought about it. then reply.
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 pm

My knowledge astounds you? Hahahahahahahaahahhahaahhaha
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Reading between the lines though mr shooze must need a couple of grand for it to clear the finance. Selling at 1500 is probably a non starter.

I see 2 options. 1. Offer it for swaps for something easier on the wallet. You may get a similar condition and modified car that the other owner values higher than the rest. Imagine swapping this for a little 1.0 polo decked on some ronal turbos with a nice ice install. You can then move the golf on and the proceeds from that might settle the finance.

2. Do lots of realistic research into what it would break for. I know its probably too good to break but to be fair that's not a bad thing as everything works! Do the cam belt and flog the engine. There's definately a market for that. Rover 25 owners will be interested in the bumpers, interior etc. Then advertise the shell and log book on ebay- it'll probably end up as a rally car. Or a ringer!
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Could this be a solution mr dave???

im thinking of stripping the zr of all its extras (leaving the lecy windows and foglights) and returning to standard, get rid of the stickers and give the car a good clean,wax,and polish, renue the timing belt and then sell the upgrades separatly i.e exhaust system, suspention, sideskirts etc

Would you say that this would be the best call of action??
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:01 pm

definately.

do plenty of research into the asking price though. what are the wheels you have for it? may be interested depending on price
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:16 pm

lewis1641 wrote:definately.

do plenty of research into the asking price though. what are the wheels you have for it? may be interested depending on price

The wheels that are on it now (dark ones) are the standard hairpins with a leash of paint on em courtessy of wheel wizz a few months ago,iv got some toutch up paint in a pot incase the new owner desides to take the wheels to the kerb, id like these to go withthe car but the 17"s iv got im unsure of the make but they resemble a set of konies with the spokes colourd gold or something similar............ il see if i can dig up a pic of em for ya..

Haripins
Own 2 cars but cant drive them! 15306_372370503066_619688066_3958197_901177_n
Own 2 cars but cant drive them! 15306_372370498066_619688066_3958196_208875_n

and these are the 17"s
Own 2 cars but cant drive them! 14635_165413093066_619688066_3035821_4789260_n
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down