Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK2 Golf GTI championship 2011

3 posters

Go down

MK2 Golf GTI championship 2011 Empty MK2 Golf GTI championship 2011

Post  VW_Junkie_89 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Hiiii there everyone,

Just thought id post this up on the site, maybe its not everyones cup of tea but i think alot of you will like it though as its a bunch of mk2's going head to head.

I think the entry fees for spectating are around 15 quid but will Double check. The first event has already been n gone which was at Donnington park..
Im up for going myself as i think it would be some good days out... Kye you will probably know this already as you work at Louth VW and they sponsor it Smile

Here's the calender for it:

3rd April - Donington Park (Double Header). Always a popular location, the sweeping Leicestershire track was re-opened with a slightly revised layout in 2010. A great location for the season opener !.

1st May – Brands Hatch Indy (Double Header). This tight and twisty Kent track provides an opportunity for the Class 1 (8V) cars to run near the front, always great action for competitors and spectators alike !.

22nd May – Cadwell Park (Double Header). A personal favourite, this Lincolnshire track is twisty but very narrow in parts. Overtaking is difficult but can be achieved – a real challenge for the drivers !.

2nd July – Oulton Park International (Double Header). This Cheshire circuit is always towards the top of our table based on drivers feedback, though it isn’t easy to obtain track time there. Through our association with MSVR, we have managed to stage a double header on the International layout – a real coup we feel !.

20th August – Brands Hatch Grand Prix (Endurance Race). An MSVR listed Championship only venue – we have opted for an endurance race here. Again there is limited access to this circuit layout at the Kent track, which has a very different character to the Indy circuit. This gives the opportunity to experience the same high speed bends as the DTM and World Superbikes !.

3rd September – Thruxton (Endurance Race). This will be the first visit for the Golf Championship to the UK’s fastest circuit down in Hampshire. Good high speed stability and accurate car positioning are key to a quick lap here – should be fantastic !.

16th October – Snetterton 300 (Double Header). This Norfolk circuit has undergone extensive revisions over the Winter and the new, longer, ‘300’ layout will stage 2 races for the season finale. Much more technical than the original layout, it will be interesting to see how the 8 and 16 valves compare !
VW_Junkie_89
VW_Junkie_89

Back to top Go down

MK2 Golf GTI championship 2011 Empty Re: MK2 Golf GTI championship 2011

Post  caistor_bmx Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:46 am

Would be pretty cool to have a trip down to cadwell for a watch Very Happy
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 am

i am p0lanning on going to cadwell

kai is technician for one of the cars too
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Yer I know, so we need to butter up kai?
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down