Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird noise under full or near full lock

4 posters

Go down

Weird noise under full or near full lock Empty Weird noise under full or near full lock

Post  chrisfletcher Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Theres a grinding squeeking noise coming from my steering when i put it under full or near full lock, any ideas?
chrisfletcher
chrisfletcher

Back to top Go down

Weird noise under full or near full lock Empty Re: Weird noise under full or near full lock

Post  i_am_me Fri May 20, 2011 11:35 pm

have you got power steering?
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Weird noise under full or near full lock Empty Re: Weird noise under full or near full lock

Post  Chris Hues Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:54 am

I have something similar to this as well, I notice it the most when going round a roundabout!

Chris Hues

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_CoupeGT Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:02 pm

If you've got power steering then check the colour of the fluid, it should be a red-ish colour. If it's not you might need new fluid. It's worth doing this as it'll only cost a couple of quid. Another thing to check is the power steering belt is tensioned properly

One other thing, does it do it with the car stationary? If it does then get someone to turn the wheel back and forth while you listen down by the wheels for the source in case it's suspension or steering rack related. I recently traced a similar noise on a Felicia down to both spings being broken up the top
Si_CoupeGT
Si_CoupeGT
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down