Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1987 scirocco GT for sale or breaking

Go down

1987 scirocco GT for sale or breaking Empty 1987 scirocco GT for sale or breaking

Post  adi Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:41 pm

I've only had this car 2 days, but I'm struggling to love it. It needs a bit of work and I just don't think I have the time to get hold of parts and fix it, plus the golf's MOT is due in September too, and that needs work as well. And I've realised I should have just stuck to what I know and love and bought a mk2 golf. Anyway about the car.

1987 GT with a 1.8 GU engine fitted with a new weber DTML carb.
4+E gearbox
Taxed and tested for a month
car has 143k, engine apparently has about 80k.
new clutch, cambelt, fan belt, water pump, dizzy cap, rotor arm, HT leads, oil and filter.
new looking Gmax 40mm rear springs and shocks, 40mm unknown lowering springs up front with knackered front shocks.
interior has cleaned up alright, but the drivers seat bolster is a bit ripped
everything seems to work apart from a headlight bulb
underneath appears solid, sills look alright, and the front inner arches look healthy.

Now for the bad bits;
As mentioned, front shocks are duff. The thing is like a boat.
The brakes don't work particularly well, but I'm putting that down to the one way valve on the vacuum pipe to the servo leaking.
Both front doors are dodgy, but I have a pair of good doors in mars red.
Driver's front wing has a bad repair, shocking in fact.
I've managed to get it running OKish since having to be recovered home on an AA truck after buying it. The exhaust blows badly, and it has a slight vacuum leak from the one way valve on the pipe to the servo. Its driveable, but I wouldn't wanna be going a great distance in it.
The tracking is miles out, but its not really an issue as it needs front shocks anyway.
Drivers side rear inner wheel arch has a hole. Depending on how friendly your MOT tester is, it may need welding.

Heres a couple of pics I took yesterday, I still havent cleaned it, although I have given the interior a quick hoovering, as tbh, it was a right mess.

1987 scirocco GT for sale or breaking 300720111849
1987 scirocco GT for sale or breaking 300720111848

£300ono as it is with the spare doors, or make me an offer without the steelies, as they're off the golf and I wouldn't mind keeping them.
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

1987 scirocco GT for sale or breaking Empty Re: 1987 scirocco GT for sale or breaking

Post  adi Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 pm

SOLD
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down