Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mk1 golf gti cabrio

Go down

mk1 golf gti cabrio Empty mk1 golf gti cabrio

Post  adi Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:01 am

Model: golf GTI cabriolet

Year: 1988

Mileage: 128k

Tax: none

MOT: May

Pics: yes

Price: 800ono

Contact details: 07873252215

First of all, this is a PROJECT, needs a weekends work to finish it, so if thats not what you want, I've saved you reading on. Secondly, I DON'T want to do this at all, but circumstances force me to sell it on asap.

Spec list;

Recently fitted series 1 GTI engine, those of you in the know will know this is a sought after engine, the 1.6 Kjet of 79-81 vintage with oil cooler, also mated up to what I believe is the matching short ratio gearbox.
Brand new stainless 4 branch manifold.
Raceland coilovers.
15x7 enzo cups.
Car is metallic helios blue, one of my personal favourite colours, tints purple in the sunlight.
Blue mohair roof, with matching blue tonneau cover.
Just before I took it off the road in September, I had new tension cables fitted, and new window gasket seals, only thing needed to make it watertight is a good covering of fabseal or other canvas tent waterproofing agent.
Retro Sony CD player and 6x9s in shelf.
Brand new number plates.
Brand new rear foglight.
Recent brand new fuel filler pipe (commonly go rotten).
Brand new headlight surrounds.
NOS heater panel.
Loads of spares (gearbox, driveshafts, -40mm suspension, Kjet metering head etc etc probably loads more in my garage).

Here's what needs doing to finish;

Needs a new fuel pump.
Rear coilovers need fitting.
Exhaust needs re-attaching to the end of the 4 branch, currently hanging.
NS driveshaft is off gearbox end, as the outer CV is duff (no idea why, its the same one I drove the car to my garage with??) I have spare driveshafts to go with it, so the CV or shaft can just be swapped.
Gear linkage needs adjusting as it stands, just a case of fiddling with a clamp/spline arrangement, easier once engine is running.
If you were to run with the current wheels, some spacers will be required as the front wheels rub on the coilovers, I have tried time and time again to adjust the camber bolt to eliminate this, to no avail.
If you were fussy like me it wants an interior, the drivers seat is rather chewed up, and the door cards have holes in for speakers, you could fill them with speakers.
Front bumper needs refitting, I took it off purely to fit it in my garage as the clipper kit does stick out quite a bit.
Engine is all wired up and turns over, but needs plumbing in, radiator is off as the oil cooler needs mounting properly, but its in the boot and in excellent condition.
If you wanted the wheels the front tyres need replacing.

The shell itself is EXCELLENT. Only faults I can pick with it is a rust hole in the bottom front corner of driver's door, and the front chassis rails have been squished. Never been welded apart from the steering rack mounting (not by me). Slight rust on front edge of the bonnet.

I have quite a lot of spares for it which can be negotiated (Kjet parts, originally -40mm suspension etc), also if you want it a bit cheaper I would keep my wheels, they have sentimental value to me.
Obviously it will need trailoring away. I never recieved the logbook for this, but I recently went to the DVLA to ask about getting the logbook free with the green part, they gave me a form and said if I send the green part with it then I don't have to pay the £25 fee, but as its now up for sale it makes sense to leave this to the new owner really.

If your still reading this then fair play, you deserve to see some eye candy!
Here's how she looks currently

mk1 golf gti cabrio Golfbumperless

The rest is just randoms I took whilst working on it and just before I laid it up for hibernation

mk1 golf gti cabrio Golfandpolo
mk1 golf gti cabrio GTIenginein
mk1 golf gti cabrio 4branch
mk1 golf gti cabrio DSC00249
mk1 golf gti cabrio Engineout
mk1 golf gti cabrio DSC00056
mk1 golf gti cabrio DSC00055
mk1 golf gti cabrio DSC00050
mk1 golf gti cabrio DSC00048

These are from when I got it in July/August last year and was driving it about

mk1 golf gti cabrio DSC00034
mk1 golf gti cabrio DSC00035