Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MFA Advice & Install

3 posters

Go down

MFA Advice & Install Empty MFA Advice & Install

Post  DubaHolic Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Hey,

I am planning on trying to get my MFA working and installed as it was never connected with the engine swap. So what i really want to know firstly is if the corrado's ran the same MFA system as the mk2 golf's? Secondaly is does anyone know how to connect it all up so that it will work?

I really want to get this sorted as i wat to be able to read my boost presure, i had been thinking about installing a boost pod but i really want to try and keep it stock looking inside, i had looked at putting the Audi 3 pod system in it but i dont have that sort of money to buy one so i have noow gone to the cheap option and get my MFA running.

So does anyone have any ideas or links on how to connect this all up?

Thanks
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

MFA Advice & Install Empty Re: MFA Advice & Install

Post  adi Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm

You running a CE1 or CE2 fusebox?
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:11 pm

hes running ce2 and kai, i said its easy, get to martins tomorow if your not busy and we will hook it up
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Would do mate but i am busy tomorrow. Is there any links tooo anywhere that would tell me how to do it? Liam are yoou defo sure that the corrado's ran the same MFA system as i have read somewhere that they ran a MFA but it wasnt the same as the mk2 golfs?????
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Theres a guide on the mk2 owners club somewhere but that for retrofitting it into non gti's, you should have all the wiring already there I'd have thought...
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm

it would onlt be different for the connector, but as your running a mk2 fuse box, the wiring will still be in there so im gunna say am sure its the same, if not, we will have to get the loom from that bloke for the mfa and sort it that way, wont take too long.
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah i have already had a quick look and it does look like there are some wires to suggest they have something to do with the mfa, shoozy saw it too when i had it in college. We would have had a closer look at it but didnt have time so left it.
What i am thinking though liam is that when we do it this might be a good idea to take photos and a write up of how to do it for the workshop section as it might be useful for some others? What do you think?
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

yeh mate that would be awesome, would help some people sorting it out, when i wired mine in after i had a slight fire, me n martin sat there for 4 hours matching wires to get the mfa in the right parts of the plugs, that i wish i had taken pics of as it could of helped some people out
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down