Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

number plate/dash light problem

4 posters

Go down

number plate/dash light problem Empty number plate/dash light problem

Post  adi Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 pm

his problem is really bugging me and its gonna end up getting me pulled! The number plate lights and dash background lights are on the same circuit, on fuse 20, the fuse is ok, I have power out the back of the switch, the earth in the boot is ok, and I have power at the back of the fusebox, but not across where the fuse plugs in. Have I got a faulty fusebox?
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

number plate/dash light problem Empty Re: number plate/dash light problem

Post  ShoozY Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm

long shot but have you checked the prong/contacts for the fuse in the plug..........it just poped to mind
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:04 pm

MMM strange one really, it does look likely that it might be faulty mate. I would have expected that if there was a fault with the box it would be messing up other componants???? Not really good with electric's so will let the others who might know have their say Very Happy
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:42 pm

The fuse isn't loose in there or anything, I do have a spare fusebox I could try but I'm afraid that it might fix one problem and cause another knowing my luck! I might just give in messing with all this and cheat by wiring the number plate lights straight off a live from the rear light cluster, and put a wire from the back of the headlight switch to the clocks. I know its not the best way but if it works its good enough for me, never come across a mk2 without some bodged wiring somewhere!
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:48 pm

adi wrote:The fuse isn't loose in there or anything, I do have a spare fusebox I could try but I'm afraid that it might fix one problem and cause another knowing my luck! I might just give in messing with all this and cheat by wiring the number plate lights straight off a live from the rear light cluster, and put a wire from the back of the headlight switch to the clocks. I know its not the best way but if it works its good enough for me, never come across a mk2 without some bodged wiring somewhere!

And that is how us Dubbers roll cheers cheers
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Yer that will be the best way mate, just splice one of your rear lights so when your sidelights or headlights are on the plate light will be on to.
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Well I got the dash lights working this morning, ran a live feed from the back of the headlight switch to the right wire on the white plug for the clocks, so they work fins and dandy now. Tried putting a live feed on the number plate lights and I still had no power to the bulbs, I think the wire must be broke in the rubber boot where the wires pass from the car to the bootlid...
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down