Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars

+3
lewis1641
Krash
DubaHolic
7 posters

Go down

Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars Empty Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars

Post  DubaHolic Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Hey peeps,

Just thought that i would share with you that i have been flat out at work and im nakered but on a plus side i have been let loose in some very cool cars. So here are a few pics of the cars i have been driving and playing with Very Happy Very Happy

So first is this 911 turbo, came in with oil in the coolant, so after investigation found it had a crack in the oil cooler so had to replace that then test drive it, very good, put a smile on my face Very Happy
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0719
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0720

This one is a on going project, it is one of their own track cars but is road legal, running a race spec 16v gti engine, fully rebuilt, total inside stripped, roll cage, light weight buckets, light weight alloys, semi slick tyres etc etc, Awsome to drive and puts a bigger smile then the 911 turbo Very Happy
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0722
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0721
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0723
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0724

End of last week i got asked if i would take one of the drivers to Leicester to a car auction as work had bought a car for a customer and need it picking up asap. I asked which loan car they wanted me to take and they gave me some keys and said that they had taken this car in for px oon something and needed it taking for a drive to see if it was all ok, anyway to my suprise i was a bit shocked when i was walking round the car park pressing the button to see what lights flashed, a Merc SL 500, another big smile Very Happy
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0725
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0727
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0726

And last was today once again i was asked if i would collect a car for them, i asked where it was and they said in London Shocked but i said that i would do it, now ne of the drivers was going to take me down there in the loan car which was a Polo 1.4 which was boiring, when we nearly got there i had totally forgot to ask what car i was driving back and the guy said it was a Fiat 500, at this point i told the guy to turn the car around and head home as there was noway i was driving a hairdressers car from London to Louth. Sad
Anyway what the guy forgot to tell me was what Fiat 500 spec car i was driving and when we pulled up and i saw it my face soon turned from being down to massive Very Happy
So signed all the paperwork and handed me the keys and sent the other guy on his way whilst i got to grips with my ride for the way home. So what is it that i would be driving, a Fiat 500 Abarth (1.4 Multi-Air Turbo 145bhp), Never driven one before so i was quiet excited to see what all the rant and rav is about them espically as Top Gear rated this car as best small hot hatch car to buy, it had won What Car awards in loads of sections. Here are the pics of the car when i pulled up for a coffee on the way home.
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0728
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0729
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0730
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0731
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0732
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0733
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0734
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0735
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0736
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0737
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0738
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0739
Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars IMAG0740

I know some of you will be saying that it is a Fiat but until you drive this then dont mock it, it is awsome, great fun and when you hit the sports button the whle car transforms into a pocket rocket. This is seriously quick little car the interior is awsome, the car had only done 850 miles when i picked it up. The best part has to be the seats and the little turbo boost gauge, when you hit a sports button the seat came in to hold you tight, the boost gauge lights up in a different colour and tells up when to shift up or down for best performance. Anyway very very cool little car and i would defo reccomend if anyone gets the chance to drive one then do it, you wont be disapointed Very Happy Very Happy
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars Empty Re: Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars

Post  Krash Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:18 pm

can i have your job ?
Krash
Krash
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars Empty Re: Busy At Work But Been Driving Cool Cars

Post  lewis1641 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 pm

I saw some race prep'd 500's at silverstone. Fairly standard engines but pretty impressive lap times
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Im still smiling from driving it, seriously though when you press the sport button you can actually feel the whole car stiffen up and goes like stink cause it weighs sod all Very Happy
Thought i would check out the prices on these and then i came across this one,

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2387648.htm
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2349609.htm

and this is a bit more about why it is so expensive
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/09/officially-official-fiat-confirms-abarth-695-tributo-ferrari/

omg it is running 180bhp standard, there is one i have seen in a mag i was reading at work that had been remapped and was running 245bhp in something that weight must be bonkers Shocked

And NO you cant have my job Laughing Laughing Laughing
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Krash Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:54 pm

you can work at greggs, where you get to drive the absolutely amazing Mercedes Sprinter van
and get 50% staff discount lol
Krash
Krash
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:16 pm

omg jelouse much asif u get 2 take aload of randomly awsome cars out u got it good ther
roccy
roccy
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 pm

cool job man!

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 am

apparantly someone on my course has had a job interview at your place kai. is this true?
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:16 pm

lemski wrote:apparantly someone on my course has had a job interview at your place kai. is this true?

is this so??

anyhow i spotted MR JENKINS on a testdrive earlyer today in a black mk4 gti, he blended in so well i didnt know it was him til i drove past haha
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm

I havnt heard of this Liam, however i do know that they are looking for a parts person to help out as we are getting busyer, they arent looking for another tech as they already have 4 full time and then have just taken me on, also Lloyd came in the ther day and applied for the parts job.

Shoozy how come you saw me where you on a test drive????? You should have flashed (your lights that is Laughing Laughing ) and i would have given you the fingers bk Laughing
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 pm

put a good word in for lloyd please kai, he deserves a break bless him. also knows his shit
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Already have done mate, told them that he is shit hot round cars and knows his stuff, they have put his app at the top of the pile to interview Very Happy Very Happy

He will owe me big time if he gets it Very Happy Like a spin in his metro Laughing Laughing
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down