Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Dubs... Why do we put ourselves through it???

+5
caistor_bmx
jonny54
lemski
Wiztic
Si_CoupeGT
9 posters

Go down

Old Dubs... Why do we put ourselves through it??? Empty Old Dubs... Why do we put ourselves through it???

Post  Si_CoupeGT Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:58 pm

As the title says really, what is it that makes you put up with all the problems attached with owning an old car?

For me it's the fun of owning a car with a bit character about it. I can't stand all these soulless metal boxes that are modern cars!
Si_CoupeGT
Si_CoupeGT
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Old Dubs... Why do we put ourselves through it??? Empty Re: Old Dubs... Why do we put ourselves through it???

Post  Wiztic Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 pm

agreed...its driving something a bit different, that turns head and not always for the right reasons Smile

Half the fun is guessing the new noise or learning how to coax the engine home on a bad day when it just dont wanna run Smile

Or mine has a lovely habbit of putting the oil buzzer on souly to scare the shit outta me at a traffic lights at 3am Smile

I've a mini too and its the same story, its the charm and character this old things have Very Happy
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Old Dubs... Why do we put ourselves through it??? Empty Re: Old Dubs... Why do we put ourselves through it???

Post  lemski Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:22 pm

i just like it for them being quicker than new cars. Smile
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Has anyone ever gone to a scrapyard and sat in a car. when i was 17 i did and i sat in an ooooold audi a6 estate and it was then that i realized that older cars have real personality and charachter. they have been places, lived through a variety of situations, their history makes them far better. i wish i had bought that audi, i dont know what was wrong with it, but its not there anymore Sad
jonny54
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Because they break and all try to kill you
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  THEDUBFATHER Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 pm

have spent £1000's on my old dubs over the years and tbh, the wifes new beetle (even that is now 10 years old) is just a money pit with problems, then just when you think youve sorted it another thing pops along to empty your wallet and test ya patience!

there all the same!! unless ya running a 0-3 year old car with warranty etc....

the joys of motoring....

we'd all be moaning the same shit if we were into old fords or vauxhalls....

lol

Gaz

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:25 pm

for me its much better styling the simplicity compared to newer cars and owning a car from your childhood or a car thats you always drueled over as a school boy looking at cars when walking through a typical carpark with old vw's in that are just simply awsome
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Krash Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:52 pm

speak for yourselves
i jump in my 15yr old polo but the key in and it works, never missed a beat all it needed in the last year is a oil pressure sensor £4
Krash
Krash
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Si_CoupeGT Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:39 pm

The other thing I like (especially when I had my mk2) is that other drivers of old Dubs will flash lights/wave etc when you see them. Reminds you that you're diving something a little bit special that others appreciate Smile
Si_CoupeGT
Si_CoupeGT
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Giggz Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 pm

there cheap, reliable, go forever and its just a coinsidence that if u put a set of nice rims on and deck em they look the tits even without spending shit loads on high priced wheels e.g. standard steelies with the right width and profile tyres along with some crazy paint sceme can look awsome if not better than alot of alloys!, and theres no need for shite body kits, massive spoilers and all that milarcy that the some people go for, just gotta keep em clean an lookin mean.

Giggz

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Giggz wrote:there cheap, reliable, go forever and its just a coinsidence that if u put a set of nice rims on and deck em they look the tits even without spending shit loads on high priced wheels e.g. standard steelies with the right width and profile tyres along with some crazy paint sceme can look awsome if not better than alot of alloys!, and theres no need for shite body kits, massive spoilers and all that milarcy that the some people go for, just gotta keep em clean an lookin mean.

well said there mate
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down