Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phat & Slow Mk4

+6
roccy
adi
lewis1641
lemski
DubaHolic
ShoozY
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Phat & Slow Mk4

Post  ShoozY Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 pm

thanx lads,ye i agree with you both,but my next job is to get my timing belt sorted with a service on top of it,then i think il look for some gas shocks Very Happy Very Happy
hopefuly would have sold the r32 kit by tomoro evning so il be able to look into the timing belt.....then my insurance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 pm

yehd efinatly uprate the shocks, will give it a bit nicer ride and also lower it slightly more on the front and back just to give you that ultimate stance
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 pm

+1,im looking into timing belt/water pump/plugs and oil/filter change now,then with the change il look into sorting out some shocks
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 pm

yeh mate defo, will run sweet as well then, it will be awesome when its done, just having the money to sort the little beast out.
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:56 pm

baught a couple of bits of the bay today........my timing belt kit is on back order until the 10th of fed so got refunded the money i payd out which is what i used to fund these extra bits.

Im aware that stainless is the way to go with exhausts but my wishlist's requirement is a bit out of my walets leauge at the moment so iv decided to get something els to see me through untill i have got close to my final goal with engine transplant etc.

This is what i am aiming for one day in my vw mods list
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VW-Mk4-18T-25-3-Turbo-Back_p_192.html

as the company is based in the states iv found a lead to suply the system in the uk and this is what they offer on the bay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220732772371&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_618wt_1139

And just for those that are interested, this is the result of the system once fitted with the 180bhp 1.8turbo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip8LhSpflDs

anyhow since my pocketsdont allow such expensive thins just yet iv resulted in getting this to see me through untill i realy get things roling.....

Just baught this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290529334662&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1786wt_905
To be baught hopefuly at same time as cambelt kit if its in stock : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330525517266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1089wt_905

Have also got these wind deflectors : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160508576347&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3703wt_905

As my wheel bolts are on show i thaught id get myself some covers just to tidy up the look a lil bit : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400173698287&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1712wt_1139

Thats it for now,should have got some gas shocks realy but that is on my short list!!!
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 am

looking goog nw shoozy but i would defo be getting some uprated shocks to go with it give a better stance and a bit more on the handling side of fings looks good tho and coul've lent you some spring compressors if i had thaught about it but i c u did a good job without them..

good work m8 look 4ward to some more updates
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:15 pm

thanx dude,need some more money tho haha Very Happy
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakers Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Gotta say i love those wheels on a mk4, got it at a nice height aswell looks decent mate
Sakers
Sakers
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 pm

agreed,was gona get my dad a set in gloss black for his when he still had it!!!

ye im liking the hight too,recon i might get a new set of springs along with the dampers for the front as the sprins look like there rusted through and i want some gas shocks all round so it might be worth doing it all togeather i.e rear gas shocks,front gas shocks and springs (currently watching a set of blisten front dampers at a stupid cheap price, fingers crossed they go cheap)
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 Empty UPDATE!

Post  ShoozY Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 am

them blisten dampers roketed up in the last ten minz Sad , owel.
Got wind deflectors last friday and fitted on sat,they are actualy very suttle when looking at the car, simple to fit and it makes the interior feel a hell of a lot difarent when looking out, hard to explain exactly what i mean but im happy with it. also got a couple more stikers whitch i put on strait away.
Got a set of wheel bolt covers that you get on the stock vw's from the factory (the litle black covers that hide the bolt heads) which il get round to puting on after a clean of the beast.
Centre exhaust has also arived but will probs wate till iv got the back box befor fitting it to save messing around twice with the exhaust.

Another job to do is to wire up my 6x9's to the amp thats in the car, its a lil too bassy when ur sat in the back as there aint no mid-range speakers behind the rear cards and the amp is just sat atm as therewas a dirty mess with the wiring behind the dash which had the amp and the sterio suplying the door speakers (BIG NO NO!!) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad so snipped the amps wiring as i aint got a clue where it bloody goes lol, shal get it sorted soon tho and will have some fresh tunes pumpin out ma brixton briefcased up dub Very Happy

il upload some pix in a couple a days when i get chance,bin a lil bit occupied with the missez and valentines day etc etc.
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am

get em uploaded shoozy
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 Empty pic update

Post  ShoozY Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:16 pm

right,av got some pictures to follow the updates abouve.

Here are the wind deflectors from HEKO

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011719
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011720
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011721
I got some seat covers that i have put in the car,done em all except the pasanger seat. only to hide the creame seats untill i can get em valeted properly then il use the covers to keep em clean as im a bit of a grease monkey lol :
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011085

This is the deflectors fitted to the car from the outside, see how suttle they are and not bowd out like you see on some 4x4's
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011088

Heres one from a small distance away with some of the stikers in place:
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011087

This is the deflectors from inside the car with variouse window and sunroof positions:
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011086
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011084
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011083
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 12022011082
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:24 pm

loooking gud m8 nice little touches
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Wasnt too sure about when you told me that you had some wind deflecters for your car but now you have them on i dont think they look that bad, makes it better that they are tinted too against a black car they just blend in.

Good work mate. Very Happy
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:03 pm

nice how to on the rear springs. like the pic of the wheel too!

what do the deflectors actually do? i have often wondered
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:37 pm

lewis1641 wrote:nice how to on the rear springs.
what do the deflectors actually do? i have often wondered
Thanx dave nd thanx kai, you know what im like. if it wasnt a good fit id have sold them on to someone els.

Dave, the deflectors basicaly healp chanel the airflow away from the windows edg which also aids indirect flow of the wind to the cockpit at higher speeds with the windows open. if you think about when your doing 60/70 mph and you have your window open. you get a whistling sound if partialyopen or sometimes you get big gushes of wind wich can be a bit too mutch at times. with the deflectors the whistling sound decreases a hell of a lot if not goes totaly,and if the window is fully open then there is not as much of a blow to your face at high speeds if you get what i mean.

another two advantages of having wind deflectors is that it keeps the windows cleaner (with the deflectors chaneling the airflow further away from the top edg of the windows it will do the same with the litle dust particles that are in the air)

also when its raining and your windows have fogged up and the cockpit gets a bit stiky, allyou do is pop the window open just a litle,this will clear up the fogged up windows and also healp with air exchange (gets rid of the moist sticky hot air for fresh air wich is more desirable) and the deflectors keep the water from geting in as they cover the window opening roughly 3/5cm's.

Hope this healps with your question dave
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Real nice car mate! Love what youve done with it so far, i was thinking about getting them rims for mine when i have the money! Very Happy
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Jord_C wrote: i was thinking about getting them rims for mine when i have the money! Very Happy

Thanx, if some1 offers you a set of these rims mate,if there oem,buy em coz they are worth the driveway of the queens house!!! iv alwais likedem,nearly got a set for the last mk4 we had in the family but then my dad decided to sell it Sad , times have changed now anyway so it aint too bad Wink . Thanx for the coments and likei said in another post,if you will be requiring a second pair of hands for any jobs you are thinking of undertaking then feel free to give me a shout and il do what i can to healp Very Happy
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 am

Thanks for clearing that up shoozy

Thinking about your wheels, i don't think audi have over made them for a3 or tt so if they are 5x100 fit they'll be reps.
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:08 pm

ShoozY wrote:
Jord_C wrote: i was thinking about getting them rims for mine when i have the money! Very Happy

Thanx, if some1 offers you a set of these rims mate,if there oem,buy em coz they are worth the driveway of the queens house!!! iv alwais likedem,nearly got a set for the last mk4 we had in the family but then my dad decided to sell it Sad , times have changed now anyway so it aint too bad Wink . Thanx for the coments and likei said in another post,if you will be requiring a second pair of hands for any jobs you are thinking of undertaking then feel free to give me a shout and il do what i can to healp Very Happy

Thanks alot mate! u'll be my first port of call!
U got owt else planned for yours then? and u off to the meet on sunday? Smile
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Looks a beauté man! congrats

The springs will deffinatly set it off.. what are you doing at the front?

the interior looks really good man, im looking for a similar interior for my mk4. Must be hard to keep clean though.
jonny54
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

Thanx dude, ye i can be a bit of a nightmare coz im a bit of a grease monkey and oil + dirt dont realy go well with cream seats lol, otherwise its a prity good combination but im still open to getting some diffarent seats.

The front of the car is lowerd 35mil but the springs look like they are just about shot so at some piont in the near future il be looking to get some new springs and some gas filled dampers to go all round. that should set my ride quality quite nicely.

Iv curently got my hands on a centre section of exhaust (non resonated/ no silencer) and have orderd my backbox wich should be here thes week end or posibly monday. then i shal go about fitting it with pics and a how to for those that might like a bit of an insight into it. Then the last thing on my list is some projector headlights with angel eyes, i know some people dont realy like them and im not keen on some that are available but there is a set that i think will do quite nicely and they dont look taky eather, once iv got them i can go back to having hid's as im used to driving with them at knoght and its just not the same without them Very Happy , im going to post an update soon anyway with the exhaust and let evry1 know how the timing belt change goes cheers
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 Empty **********UPDATE**********

Post  ShoozY Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Hey all, just a quick one...

got home after collage today and was greeted by a parcel from mr postie!!!

Those that have followd my build thread will remember that i was planning to get myself a catback exhaust system,not what i wanted initialy but to see me through till i can afford the one that i want.

i orderd the exhaust system in two parts, first was the centre section which iv had for a couple of weeks (thaught id attack the exhaust system in one go instead of messing around working under the car more than once)

Heres the centre section :
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 04032011134

And heres the two pieces that i got from the postie today :
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 04032011132
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 04032011135

This is the 'over axle pipe' (The bit that bends over the rear axle beam)
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 04032011133

Heres the whole lot on a test fit to see how well it goes togeather and its a nice tight fit but not tight inought to give any jip :
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 2 04032011136

Iv got my act togeather and got my timing belt orderd while i was at work last week, made sure evry required detail was correct yet i still got two belt kits deliverd, both have thesame idler pullies and tensioner but one kit has an extra couple of bolts which has confused me greatly, i then decided to check under my hood to see if i could determine which kit it was that i needed and didnt get very far,but one thing did get my attention, the belt is a bit too slack for comfort (the belt running from the cranck to the cam) belt is in good condition, just a lil too loos, result : failed tensioners,but given the location of my car im unable to get the wheel of where it is to get a better vew of the lower part of the belt so currently put the plan to hold,iv gotta stripp the old car for its suspention as im having some1 buying it but yet again i have an issue with moovability.

Dont worry too much tho people as i alwais come up with a plan,but as to what it is i dont know just yet Exclamation Exclamation

Il get the exhaust fitted soon and take some pix with another how to for evry1 Very Happy Very Happy cheers
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:56 am

good stuff shoozy keeping things going and regarding the timing bet situation i hant got a clue either...........

spoke to ma m8'z unkle the other day and he's only gerring dirt cheap cars in at the moment.....

and if you need spring compressors for the suspention on the old car just giv us a shout good luck and keep it going
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:25 am

not over the top, i like it
lemski
lemski