Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phat & Slow Mk4

+6
roccy
adi
lewis1641
lemski
DubaHolic
ShoozY
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Phat & Slow Mk4

Post  ShoozY Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:00 am

hellow build thread followers, sorry i havnt been here for a wile,iv bin caught up with work and some other issues but its all coold down now.

Iv had the exhaust fitted but unfortunatly i didnt get any pics, got a vid which il throw a link up for later. i managed to arange for the golf to get trailord up to my work place in louth the other week and thaught befor doing anymore id send it for m.o.t to see what i needed to concentrate on if anything, i was expecting it to fail badly but it came back from the mot station with minor crap :
emisions (easy fix, service and a good workout on the bypas befor taking it over for retest)
rear stop lamp bulb not working (new bulb)
front wheels fouling the body on full lock (they wont haveit that i hardly drive on full lock lol,na got some stock wheels lined uf to give me my clearence for mot)
front park/side lights rong colour (last owner had some blue led's fitted, just swap em over to sort that)
The worst of the lot but still not majour was play in the inner tie/track rod (£20 from gsf to sort that out and i should sale through the retest)

as you can see the failiure wasnt anything drastic which i am very pleased about as i was expecting strut mount barings, lower arm bushes, wheel bearings etc.

and a lil teaser but iv order something els for but il leave it up to you guys and girls to guese what it is, Clue : it fits at the front of the car, what is it???
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 am

ps, this is the last pic i took of thegolf before it went up to my workshop : Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 189480_10150112193328067_619688066_6760982_1984445_n

video is being gay and cant even get it uploaded,sorry
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 pm

iv got me a set of these, arived the other day,will get some pix up when im at work tomoro, might even get chance to get em fitted..... mabey!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-BLACK-ANGEL-EYE-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-FOGS-/220704454141?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336302b5fd#ht_1587wt_1212

Wink

I know theyaint to evry1's taste but i think there cool!
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 Empty **********UPDATE**********

Post  ShoozY Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Afternoon dubers, while at work today wating for some1 to bring there car in for a service i had a litle chat with my boss who had aquired some stock 15" alloys with new par of tyres and part worns on the back, all pirellies! long story short, i baugt them from him! its a bonus as iv got some winter wheels and they will be good to get me through my mot Very Happy

as the person whos car i was ment to be servicing didnt show up i was told i could bring my car in and start working away with whatever i need to do, bonus for me as i had sparkplugs to change over, swap my headlights for my new projectors and change the wheels over for the ones id just baught.

Heres the story lol:

My sparkplugs were horendouse and caked in oil:

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011157

With that sorted with some new 1z it ran even beter, got a clip of the exhaust for those i promised (ignore the smoke,its from what i used to clear up the excess oil from the spark plug wholes) :

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 Th_02042011009

with that all done it was time to get out my new lights into place!
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011155
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011156

Next job was bumper of and start swaping bulbs and motors over 1unit at a time:
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011158
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011159

after swaping all bulbs etc it was time to position the headlight unit back in place and start on the otherside:
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011160

got evrything in place and put bumper back in place, also got my wheels ready to swap round:
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011162
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011161
Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011163

Wheel bolts at the front where being a pain so it took me a litle while to get them all swapped over, overcome that issue anyway and this is her now :

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011165

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 02042011164

Alls left now is for me to order my inner trackrod end and a new brakelight bulb and it shal be mot time once they are fitted!
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Car looks amazin mate, looks really aggressive from the front now!
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:11 pm

thanx dude,il be putting that grill in soon aswell with my drls Very Happy
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Nice one! Was back in rimars today, and there aint another one i can see, but will keep an eye out for you!
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:26 pm

wel appreciated, u sort a miror out 4 yours?
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Yeah just fitted it, got it for £2 and looks like new. VW wanted £38! nearly fainted lmao.
The cheek of some people nowadays though, looks like theyve tried to prize it off, and its just wrecked tbh!
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:25 pm

bastards init, im woried about my imisions and not sure what els i can do to get them down apart from a good steam up and down louth bipass befor the next mot but still dont think itl pass, iv already flushed it, oil and filterd it with additives in the oil and fuel, now itsgot new plugs aswel but still dont recon it will do the trik, whats your opinions??
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 pm

have you tried cataclean? cleans out your exhaust system lambdas etc that may help lower them? i may end up pushin that through my system when it goes for MoT coz ive had major emissions issues lol
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  nasher Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:37 pm

thats sweet dude loving the lights =p

nasher
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:41 pm

wheels need a refurb am sure they were never that curbed mate. on emissions front. give it a good rag and depending on where its being tested u can trick them through by puttin more revs on. unless the machine reads the revs. or u can leave it on tick over and itll pass. dependant where its all going wrong mate. could need new lambda
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:15 pm

thanx for the feedback people, iv used somin called clean burn from wynes,dose the same thing as cataclean, got it as it was available when i baught the rest of my service parts.

im seeing what you mean liam but i cant realy think where the hicup is,last mot was a fail on emisions as it was misfiring like fook and was running some dirty oil too, as youv seen from the sparkplugs they wanted renueing anyway. iv got an oil aditave in the block thats meant to aid cold starting and maintain combustion pressures as the piston rings on these 1.4's are renound for premature death. im contemplating paying ray a visit in marshy, see if he can do anything with it.

The other issue is that i cant get into the ecu, the code reader iv got at home comes up with connection issues and the stuff iv got at work just spazzes out when it trys to comunicate with thevehicle, recon vag com only??? (if thats the case then its thefirst car iv come across thats just fuking gay!)

What we thinking????
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:40 pm

see ray if it fails mate see what can be done about it. vagcom would be ur best bet also
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm

attempted doing timing belt today and the cunts a fucking tooth out,this is whats making my emissions 4times as hi asapose to twice as high. dont know if it wants to be advanced a tooth or retarded a tooth but will find out tomoro from kais work

on a more posotive note iv got my steering issue coverd,orded a coiple of inner track rods and a couple of track rod ends and got the offending side fitted, there is no play in the steering system now so its another think to be ticked of my list still have the drivers side to fit but as i ran out of time after caking about with the timing belt i only got one side done, i shal update again in due course as things develope!

buggerd off tho because its delayd me getting it on the road even further No
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:57 am

if u were timing it up, it wouldnt matter if its a tooth out cos ur takkin it off any way to time it up. am so confused.
good job with working through your list though mate
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:59 pm

lemski wrote:if u were timing it up, it wouldnt matter if its a tooth out cos ur takkin it off any way to time it up. am so confused.
good job with working through your list though mate

Isue with the timing is that i dont know for sure which was its got to go a further tooth, ie one tooth forwards or backwards if that makes scence and thanx dude, u know me lol,taking my time wit evrything pottering about life at my own pace lmao Very Happy

i didnt get round to finding out the info i needed from kai's work,was well too bussy today........
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 pm

timing marks bud? then just redo the cam belt. that would surly be the simple option wouldn it?

u r right u just potter along
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:40 pm

lemski wrote:timing marks bud? then just redo the cam belt. that would surly be the simple option wouldn it?

u r right u just potter along

EEEzy man haha,na seriously tho i know what you mean, yes timing marks but,as one cam is driven by the cranck and that cam drives the other cam it would throw the whole system out,both cams are corectly timed to each other so to speak but if you lock it in its rightful place then the crank is a tooth out, iv got suspisions it wants to be advanced a tooth in direction of rotation but acording to the belt ilustrations/instructions it shows the cranck in both positions. the next shitter is regardles of which reference point the cranck is locked of at,the cam wheels endup in the completly rong position..... bit hard to explain like but will probz chat to you at coll tomora bout it
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Phat & Slow Mk4 - Page 3 Empty UPDATE

Post  ShoozY Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Hey evry1, i know its bin ages since iv bin on but iv been wel tooooo busy for anything latley.

Just a heads up to tell evry1 that theres going to be some wonderful things happening on my thread soon, you will all just have to wtch this space!!!..... see you all soon Smile
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:43 pm

1.8t? u still go on golfgti?
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  ShoozY Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:52 pm

highly likley....well to tell the truth yes, i do but not as often as im on here but that isnt very often 2bh, find myself occupied these days
ShoozY
ShoozY
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:54 pm

where these engine pics buddy?
lemski
lemski