Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new beetle 1.8 20v turbo cambelt change....

Go down

new beetle 1.8 20v turbo cambelt change.... Empty new beetle 1.8 20v turbo cambelt change....

Post  THEDUBFATHER Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:20 pm

well have had the parts for a week or two and thought id start yesterday after sorting the door problem, was hoping to get done to have a run out to the meet in lincoln today but feck me what a job.....

took not far off 3 hours to strip off the underskirts, intercooler hoses , expansion bottle and loads more stuff before i could even access the area around the cambelt covers....... carried on and did get further before i called it a day, got the engine mount off and other parts but there was no way the alluminium block that connected the engine to the mount was able to come out once id undone the bolts, it was still in a shite position wether the engine was jacked up or lowred out of the way.... grrrrrr...

anyway, got up and started at 8:30 today to carry on, cut the old belt off as it was quicker, then fitted new water pump, idler roller and tensioner, couldnt compress the tensioner very well even with the m5 bar / nuts and ended up having to work the belt on, but got there in the end, triple checked tdc and cam positions, then started to rebuild.... finished at 1:45 , fired it up ok and was jsut a case of replacing the coolant, but encounterd a bastid air lock that took nearly an hour to get it clear (think due to heater matrix position in weird beetle dash..). any ways think its all good now as mrs gone off out in it and not had a call..... lol

so tis all done and hopefully with be moved into new place by time of next meet, as will be wanting remap so i can start the pimping...

mk4 golf turbos alot easier than this bloody car to do belt change on, me arms , wrists , hands are all cut to fook!...

hope you had a goodun those that went to meet!! im now having a well deserved beer or 6!

THEDUBFATHER
Admin
Admin

https://bombercountydubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down