Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gretchin the mk3 golf!

2 posters

Go down

gretchin the mk3 golf! Empty gretchin the mk3 golf!

Post  bigTH Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 pm

i suppose i best make a start haha.

when i bought the car it was completely standard. the interior is emaculate not a mark anywere, i really could'nt belive it i have never seen a car of this age (1994) this clean inside. the outside on the other hand is a different story Sad when i got it home the first thing to do was a good t-cut and polish. and the dull paint work was revived and came out quite well, but on the other hand it uncovered some shoddy touch up work witch had been done in the wrong shade of red. and there was the expected surface rust.

i have now also swapped my dad for his mk2 golf gti steels and painte them silver and to be fair they look quite good. i have got hold of two coilovers from a friend. but theres only two im not sure weather there fronts or backs but im gunna have to try to get hold of the other two from somewere.

next plan is to completely repaint the car matte red and get the coilies on asap. after that i would like a gti or vr6 interior if i can. and would love some banded steels in gloss black Smile

ill get some pics up as soon as i can to show the progress Smile thanks tom Smile

p.s ill set up a thread for my dad and his mk2 gti 1.8 8v project ( small bumper)

bigTH

Back to top Go down

gretchin the mk3 golf! Empty Re: gretchin the mk3 golf!

Post  adi Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 pm

front coilovers have brackets at the bottom with holes for the hub bolts, and rears are pretty much just a shock/spring with one hole at the bottom inside a bush Wink
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  bigTH Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:29 am

I have rears:)

bigTH

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:24 pm

probably got them from someone with a mk1 caddy, as they only ever need fronts. you're gonna struggle to get a pair of fronts on their own unfortunately. you got them seats in yet? no excuses, it takes literally 5 mins to swap the lot Cool
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  bigTH Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Haha Ye they were in after a quick brew took about ten minuets like you say look pretty awesome tbf I just need to get some photos and then work out how to put them up haha. It's getting a Respray as soon as I get some front coil overs. And I've decided what wheels I want. Schmidt modern line 1 pice in black

bigTH

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:32 pm

go on photobucket.com and make an account, when you've uploaded pics to there, you copy and paste the [img] code into your replies on here. Easy!
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  bigTH Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Buzz ill be doing that!

bigTH

Back to top Go down

Post  bigTH Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 am

final got on the pc so here are some photos so far Smile

firstly as bought;

[flash]gretchin the mk3 golf! Golf1[/flash]

with the temp alloys and the rear end dropped abit just to see how it will sit had to put it back up till i get my fronts Smile

[flash]gretchin the mk3 golf! Golf2low[/flash]

and thats all i have tm will get taking some more for you all and post them Smile

bigTH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down