Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROCCYS ROCCO

+7
swalk.x
Jord_C
i_am_me
caistor_bmx
lewis1641
roccy
lemski
11 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Empty Re: ROCCYS ROCCO

Post  roccy Fri May 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Si_CoupeGT wrote:Is your lift pump the same as the one in a mk2? If it is I think I've got one lurking in the back of my shed that you can have for free

thanks dude but i've discovered i dont have a lift pump and its just a mechanical pump and martin ( I_AM_ME ) has kindly donated his old pump to me so i will be fitting that tommorow and hoping that does the trick..

thanks for the offer though much appreciated
roccy
roccy
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 am

well i've git my rocco back....

got too it yesterday morning sprayed a bit of cold start through the carb and it ran fine ...

but the pump has let me down from being too hot before so i changed it to a pump kindly donated by martin and it does the trick perfectly Smile
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sun May 15, 2011 10:51 pm

havn't updated in a while so here goes....

firstly after fitting the new fuel pump i attemoted to fit a cold air intake made out of old mini heater ducting but it needs refining abit so no pictures of that yet..

secondly i got some nice reclining bucket seats so got them in but had to take one out and have a standard seat in for the passanger as i only had one harness...

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0349

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0354

then had to strip out my rear seats and parcell shelf to suit wich then caused a problem of having to move my vibe 6x9's so mounted them upside down over the 6x4 speaker holes on the sides...

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0356

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0359

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0358

what do you think ??
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sun May 15, 2011 11:00 pm

also fitted a new set of clocks kindly donated by liam and now all my warning lights work Smile

next job is is to fit the new brake servo i have wich was donated by thee dave and then get the other bucket seat in when i have a pair of matching harnesses....

then i will be looking for a full set of coilovers to even out my stance and improve handling and then to source a 2 litre bottom end and some nice parts to give a nice cheap power gain..

also some cool pics i got after i broke down....

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0326

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0335

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0333
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm

little update today..

that dreaded time of the year has come round quicker than expected and i now have ran out of mot with no money ( thanks to a no show from sum1 buying my wheels ) untill the end of the week to get a new mot...

but this has given me time to do a few little jobs that have been bugging me as my car isn't going anywere for a while i thaught thers no better time than now...

so to start with i have/had an alarm wich came with the car but didn't work but everything was stil there and looking a mess so i started by taking the alarm unit out and removing the wiring so i choped all of that out and an instant transformation of the engine bay....

then came the time to get rid of the air box wich also looked untidy and took up too much room in the bay so i got rid of that and fitted a k&n air filter given to me by liam....

then this uncovered al the mess of oil, mank, wires, cables and everything that the airbox was hiding so out came the tools and i re routed evrything i could possibly move just to make things that little bit tidier. and got out the old rags and cleaned up the inlet manifold and cam belt covers.. then i had a erge to paint the rocker cover so i got out some red paint and got that painted and tidied up. and fitted a new inline fue filter...

and did a dry compression test to see how things are with valve seats and piston rings and all is god with a full 14 bar of compression in every cyclinder with evenly coloured spark plugs all round Smile

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0372

and then as i can drive the car anywere know i thaught i would take much advantage and take off the carb to give it a clean up and make sure i have no small bockages on the jets and fine tune things..

more updates on thursday when i'm back home and hopefully have cleaned the carb and fitted it back on by then...
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Mon May 23, 2011 9:58 pm

little update for today got the carb iff yesterday before cuming to louth for work.. had to come a day erli so i could get a lift so thaught i would take full advantage of my old shed at my sisters house and give the mucky old carb a good strip down....

this is how it looked when i started..

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0373
ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0375
ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0376

so i got a tub of old petrol and toothbrush and wire wool out and started stripping the carb down and cleaning everything...

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0377

also found two slightly blocked jets they wer not fully blocked but had enouf mank in to slow down fuel flow..
unblocked them with a piece of wire pulled out of a wire brush and all was well.

then started re-asembly after checking over everything making sure it all works properly and found that the second ( full throttle ) throttle buterfly isn't openning fully with the throttle fully open as it was fouling the choke mechanism so i adjusted that and now i have a fully servisable carb with nice free flowing jets and fully opening throttle and this is the outcome of my labours...

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0381
ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0379
ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 Photo0383

will fit the carb on thrusday when i'm back home after work then i will see how it goes on the way to the mot station and then be back on the road again Smile ( if all goes well )
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  caistor_bmx Tue May 24, 2011 12:00 am

Looking good dude, I hope your harnesses are bolted through the floor!
caistor_bmx
caistor_bmx
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.fatalitybmx.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Tue May 24, 2011 6:50 pm

yers they are indeedy well one is the other is none egsistent untill i do some work for dave Smile so drivin with 1 bucket seat and harness and a standard seat
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Wed May 25, 2011 4:52 pm

one step closer to the mot now Smile

as autoglass wouldn't repair my window and said i need a new 1 another company got called in and they came allong today and repaired it for me and was still free of charge Smile
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 pm

wel not long got back home and first thing i did was have a look at the repair on my window....

i get back to find the crack is now a hole thats been digged out and i have window filler all over my window and the crack is bigger so i'm now a few steps back from the mot ....

not a happy bunny at all ... but gunna try the mot regardless and hope the tester forgets his glasses that day
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 pm

got the carb back on today and went for an mot...

however it did fail its mot but only on a seat bush a ball joint a c.v boot and a tiny bit of welding so that'l be done and back on the road....

also i had a slight brake down on the way to the mot station on the a16 then on the way back broke down in the same place again Sad need to get the air out of my fuel filter and fit a swirl pot
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sat May 28, 2011 8:24 pm

little update....

got the seat rubbers on now so thats sortd and ready for the mot... with the help of martin last night we got the c.v boot changed for a second had one thats as good as new and this morning got the bal joint fitted but didn't have enuf time to get the welding sorted for the re-test and as uts a bank holoday weekend i cant re-test untill friday so its another week on the driveway for the rocco again...

but all will be ready in time for skegvagus
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Sat May 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Goo to see things are getting sorted now ian, you'll be back on the road in no time lol! Still yet to see your new seats in the flesh lol! :-P
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sat May 28, 2011 8:45 pm

haha i only have one in atm as i dont have 2 harnesses for them yet.. i would pop round to yours but working all week
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jord_C Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 pm

ohh aha! and shame lol - first week off ive had in months going to get busy on bits for my car after my birthday i think, so will have to pop n see you once ive got em sorted! Very Happy
Jord_C
Jord_C
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:02 pm

little update today...

got back home after this weeks work and thaught i'd better get the prep done for my welding tommorow for the mot so i got the front on some ramps and climbed under armed with a skrew driver....

and when i saw the rust on the mot ramp i thaught ahhh its not oo bad.... turns out is it rather bad and allot more welding than i was hoping to do but i have got the stuff to do it with so a trop to north coates in the morning and all will be fixed again and back for the retest..

updates tommorow and hope i'm fixed in time for segvagus :/
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 pm

woop mot done today and passed and sorted for another year...

made sure it passes and welded plate all around the jacking point and strengthenned it so it passed with that...

happy days and skegvagus in the morn Smile
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 pm

got a new camera so had to give it a go and take some pics of the rocco after some much derservd polish has been applied.. autoglym did good...

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 DSC_0015

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 DSC_0014
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 pm

new camera?
when are you going to polish my car then?
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:34 pm

couldn't resist getting a new phone when i renewed my contract and i'm not polishing ur martin u can power polish it..

autoglym polih brings it out loads better than the bit bit i did with the power polisher at urz
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  i_am_me Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 pm

ive got autoglym srp in a bottle at mine and some proper turtle wax ive found aswell.
might have a go at it tomorow
i_am_me
i_am_me
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:20 pm

i never got why people praised atoglym over normal polish untill i used it and its even braught the pink out of my wing mirrors and one of them is fully red now i shocked me when i used it
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:00 pm

havent updated my thread in a long time so her goes...

not allot has happend really besides i now have a full new set of coilovers and i've got it lowered properly and got some stance with the addition of 10mm spacers all round... no decent pictures of the loweredness yet but i will post some up soon...

regarding the reliability its been going pretty well and hant let me down for a long time
UNTILL.....
i drove home after work last night and started loosing gears due to my clutch up untill the point its gave way at some rather busy traffic lights never the less i dragged it home and had a look to find my cable has pulled uts self thu my bulkhead and left a rather big hole and a fair sized split leaving the rocco undrivable untill its welded up and strengthenned again...

pictures of the broken ness...

ROCCYS ROCCO - Page 3 DSC_0115
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 pm

not good. like i said on f.b. you are welcome to use my gear and i can drop it off for you
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:13 pm

chers dude i think i may take up the offer fanx..

am gunna have to strip out my front carpets and underlay first though as that'l fire straight away...

when would you be able to drop the welder off ???
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next