Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P

+11
jonny54
DubaHolic
Jord_C
caistor_bmx
lemski
ShoozY
adi
lewis1641
mitty85
roccy
Lowlifedubber
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Empty Re: Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P

Post  mitty85 Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 pm

I like the single wiper. Paint looks good mate I'd be well chuffed with that. Have you any idea what products were used on it? Also how long has it been since the car was painted to you polishing and waxing it? Was it baked after being painted? I only ask as I want to re paint my van at some point and I don't have an oven to bake it. I'm not sure how long to leave it to cure before machining and waxing. If you see your painter again would you mind asking for me please?
mitty85
mitty85
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Empty Re: Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P

Post  Lowlifedubber Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Ayup mate well i only asked the guy to remove the holograms so he just used 3m Ultrafina III using a medium speed and a soft pad.
I then went over it myself with:
Megs 205
Poor boys black hole
Jet seal 109
Dodo juice supernatural.

Then today i washed it again using the 2 bucket method with grit guards using Dodo juice Born to be mild and 2 megs lambswool wash mits
Then dried with a megs super fluffy drying towel,patted dry and used dodojuice red mist QD as a drying aid to help not cause swirls.
Then gave it another coat of dodojuice supernatura,did the trim with Autoglym Bumper care and the mirrors and glass with Auto glym glass cleaner.
Gave the wheels another blast with some Dodojuice lime prime and then stood back and dribbled lol

The car has been sprayed 3 week now and was baked for a long time so the paint was fully cured.
If your spraying the car and it is not going in the oven you are looking at 6-8weeks for the paint to harden and outgass.
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

http://www.lowlifedubz.com/forums/

Back to top Go down

Post  mitty85 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Am I still ok to drive it over the 6-8 weeks unprotected? Do you think you can wet flat before then as well?
mitty85
mitty85
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:10 pm

You can wet flat it yeah as for protection its just a case of keeping on top of the washing.You can polish it but just no sealant like wax or jet seal ect.
Also keep silicones away from it like flash dash and bumper care stuff.
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  mitty85 Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks for that matey. I think once I have painted the van I'll leave it in the workshop with the heater flat out , it's no oven but it's got to help.
mitty85
mitty85
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Well what can i say,poor old Potter has been getting very neglected recently.Its been getting washed every week without fail but not too much else im afraid.A mixture of work,other projects and fixing other cars in the week it's been hard.
Since the last update ive bought some leather which turned out to be Mulberry but thats ok as i was going to be leather colouring them anyway to match the Porsche front seats im getting.

Anyway to date i have.
Refitted all the interior including the headliner in a cream suede.This is now coming out as im just not happy with the work.So i will be getting it retrimmed properly but this time in a black suede.
Replaced the rear boot struts as mine wernt man enough for the extra heavy tailgate now.
Bought some cabby polished door latches and polished the bolts to go with it.
Got some black abc plastics which i will put in when i get the headliner retrimmed.
Black sunvisors.
Black boot plastic ledge thing as mine never had one.
Got some carpeted rear wheel wells as mine has the dimples crap in there.They came grey but i carpet dyed them black.
Ive also FINALLY managed to get an early spec front window wiring loom!So when the leather goes in so will the electric windows!

Ive done plenty of otherstuff im sure but i cant for the life of me remember what 😁

Heres some random pics anyway.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0350t
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0392ht
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0394rw
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0398am
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0399do
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0405j
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0406n
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0407z
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0434iy
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0439mx

But today i spent a good 6 hours cleaning and polishing it so i could take it down the road to get a few pics for the mk3 calender comp.

Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Dscf7416m
[img]Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Dscf7424cal
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Dscf7418c
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Dscf7412
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Dscf7422
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Dscf7424y
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Dscf7413cal

Another reason i havnt had time to do much is ive refurbed a couple of motorbikes(im now in the process of spraying a classic NS125R which im going to be using for work(12,000rpm 2 storke fun)
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0442ss

Ive also just bought the missus a even FATTER Golf in the form of a MK4!Ive currently got the engine in pieces,replacing the oil pump,lifters,roller rockers and lambda,plus i need to lower it a bit and get some different wheels on it.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 29111610150757993535389
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 29031610150757993805389

Al being well when i get back off holiday i will letting a unit so i can work on Potter in the dry,get my seats done etc.Then it will be onto the engine conversion which is the part im looking forward to the most! Evil or Very Mad
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lewis1641 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:43 am

interior is looking good dude.

as for the number plate, i would have left it where it was! i think you have done a good job on the bumper though. what really annoys me is when people smooth out the no plate recess then just bolt it to their bumper, usually off to one side. that looks a total mess if you ask me.

but most of what i say about your tailgate and no plate is just banter.

still looks wrong though Razz
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:46 am

Ha ha cheers Dave
It's too easy to leave it where it is and just remove the wiper hole and plinth.I like a challenge.I may do another bumper but this time with a us spec rear plate tub.
I will be making a new front too but not until i have the intercooler fitted as i dont want to chop it about after its been painted Laughing
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Swainy20 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 pm

If your after some wheels for the mk4 i have some i want to get rid of, they could really do with a refurb but all have pretty much brand new maxxis 215/45/17 tyres, would be after £175. Let me know if interested.

Heres them on my bora

Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 SDC11710

On the misses golf

Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Golf006-2
Swainy20
Swainy20
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Ayup Swainey im very interested in them mate im going on holiday in a few days i will hit you up when i get back and see if you still have them.What sort are they?You got any other mk4 bits?
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Swainy20 Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Think they are Toora, 17x8 et 35 or 38. Yer no worries let me know and come have a look see what you reckon.

No not got any other bits, might know of a set of coilies but will find out if hes willing to sell them.
Swainy20
Swainy20
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Well now her MK4 is all finished and ive got rid of Pedro the Puma ive finally managed to get Potter back on my drive and work can commence once more!
Sooo i got on the old tinterweb late yesterday afternoon and ordered a leather colourant kit from the furniture clinic to dye the mulberry leather rear bench and door cards black!

Here it is
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 296395_10150892781470389_642615388_21351896_375982401_n

It has a little airbrush jobby with it and it comes with 2 propellant cans,however im concerned that they may run out before i finish so im gunna adapt the air brush to connect onto my compressor.
Im not entirely sure what pressure i should be running it at so will have a little play 1st and see how i get on.

Im hopefully going to start this tomorrow so will report back with how much of a mess ive got in.

Other things that are going on is the exhaust as come off and ive been polishing the crap out of it(yes even the parts you dont see 🤓)
I also want to cut and weld a different bracket on it to get it sitting further back into the valace so i will whip that to work this weekend and sort that out.

Im also going to whip my headliner out next week and get a couple of quotes from retrimmers to cover it in a black suede or alcantara as there is no way im going to have another go.I just suck when it comes to material Evil or Very Mad
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Anyway i got a bit excited(no not about my moist swisher :grin:)about my colourant kit coming so inbetween spraying the missus debadged grill and my NSR petrol tank i decided to have a go with the headrest.
I locked myself in my garage and got to work.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0747g
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0746mc
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0748aw
1st off you have to use a leather prep which is basically to remove the coating that was put on at factory.The destructions say that you need to rub it till a bit of colour comes off.I soaked a cotton wool ball in the stuff and placed it between the scouring pad.
I then started scrubbing.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0749c
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0750hu
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0751n
I then realised that this stuff is bloody potent and as i started to see sparkly bits i decided to open the garage door. :laugh:
After a can of redbull and a chat to the fit next door neighbour i got to work on the second headrest.
You can see the difference here.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0752jh

I then rubbed them both down with a cotton cloth and now i have to leave them for 24 hours to make sure all the solvent has evaporated.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0753mj
Thats it for now.Will rub a bit more down tomorrow :cool:
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 pm

save me some of that shizzle, I want to experience the sparkly stuff too Laughing
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:55 pm

You dont mate ive got a banging headache lol it feels like ive been sniffing poppers all day Laughing
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 pm

cheers
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Right so ive had a bit more of a play today with these headrests.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0754l

I left it long enough for the solvents to evaporate and then got to work applying the 3 base coats of colour using a sponge.
It went on nice and easy and you have to leave it 15mins between coats,you hardly need any on your sponge and it soaks in nicely.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0756tm
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0755v
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0764kn
This is it after 3 base coats.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0765ls
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0758h

I then hooked up my little airbrush set up and had a go with the can of propellant they provide.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0762dx
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0763ut
I left the can in a bucket of warm water as apparently they freeze up easily.I found this was definatley the case and it drove me up the wall but i managed to get one coat done before i spat my dummy out and decided to hook it up to my compressor.
I looked for a 1/4"-3/8" reducer but i didnt have any in the workshop so i will have to leave it while i get to work in the morning and liberate one from stores.

Heres how it looks after 1 spray coat.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0759wb
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0758h

Im quite chuffed with how it is turning out so far.
I will attack it again thursday of next week as im working on my mates Vitara again after the weekend at work.
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:40 pm

looks really good on the pics m8 i'de be well chuffed if i was u aswell keep it up maan
roccy
roccy
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Cheers dude Very Happy
I will pop your head between potter and me garage door on sunday for you Cool
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Lowlifedubber wrote:Cheers dude Very Happy
I will pop your head between potter and me garage door on sunday for you Cool

Very Happy cherz
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Right as rain stopped a bit of play today i managed to get a bit more done on the interior.

I knocked up an adapter at work for the air brush.Crude but effective
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0776si
These are the headrests after the coat of gloss sealant you have to put on 1st before your final finish.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0773eg
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0774y

and this is what it looks like after 2 coats of SATIN finish.I wanted satin rather than gloss as im not a fan of shiny leather.
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0778g
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0789zq
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0791g

Sooo then i decided to don my mask and crack on stripping the other bits and pieces.Long process and lots of elbow grease but hey ho,if it was easy everybody would be doing it. :grin:
Pics
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0779w
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0780vs
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0781n
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0782m
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0783c
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0784a
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0785ce
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0786vt
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0787hg
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Img0788zn

I will start putting the base coat on,on tuesday after my weekend at work.Thats if i dont get any other cars in to fix.
Will also be slamming her mk4,fitting a new lambda,debadging it fitting gti rear lights etc,just to make it look presentable.
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Wow! thats some high quality work you have been doing. That leather looks delicious!!!!

You car is PHAT!
jonny54
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Cheers dude,he's just like his owner now Laughing
Ive fooked off all other peoples cars this week so i can finish me leather off so i will be in the garage promptly at 6:30am in the morning sniffing leather dye.mmmmm lol
Wednesday i will be sticking a lambda on her car and dropping it a bit then i shall crack on with me leather mmmmmmm leather lol
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Lowlifedubber Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 am

Sooo i finally decided on what seats i want up front.
All the leather is done and ready to go in,the door cards will be complete once i nip to Kirton today to pick up a spare set of cards so i can rob the rear speaker grills and tweeters for mine.
While im swapping it all out im whipping the headliner out and taking it to a retrimmer in Sleaford.
Been silly busy fixin g other peoples cars recently,as well as playing about with her mk4 so i shall be back on Potter as of next week.

Picked these up from Sheffield yesterday(generic pics but mine are in better nick)

Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Blackseat001lz8
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 Efrwl
Potter!MK3 Golf(Engine build time!!)Bought another mk3 too :P - Page 3 R8blackredinterior009bc

However from factory they come with full electrics on the drivers side and just manual and heated on the passenger side.
I will fab up some new subframes at work once ive got some measurements and then i will get to work figuring out the wiring.
I was sat in them most of the night in front of the tv(much to the missus annoyance) and theyre really comfy!

Pretty sexy looking too Cool
Lowlifedubber
Lowlifedubber
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  jonny54 Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Nice dude! Im looking forward to seeing it when it all comes together Razz
jonny54
jonny54
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next