Bomber County Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Klause, sie German mk 2

+6
roccy
lewis1641
adi
lemski
ShoozY
Wiztic
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Project Klause, sie German mk 2

Post  lewis1641 Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 pm

i bet you dont have a lot to worry about
lewis1641
lewis1641
WingMan
WingMan

http://www.map-tech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Project Klause, sie German mk 2

Post  Sakers Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Got my mot coming up soon aswell, hopefully will get through but good luck with yours anyway Smile

was having a look round your car sunday and is it just me or are your ra's a slightly darker shade ? i think they look quality, might have to darken mine a bit when i eventually get round to getting them refurbed
Sakers
Sakers
Starting To Speak
Starting To Speak

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:03 pm

yeah, they have been powder coated at some point in their life...they where like that when I got them though... They're in need of a refurb again, was gonna go red Smile
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Just got home to find out I'm car less...car went in for its pre MOT today and they found one of the the brake pipes on the verge of blowing Sad Also failed on two rear bushes, one flexi hose, the exhaust (which i knew about) and a wheel bearing....Fairly trivial stuff, but wont be done until next wednesday so now I have to live without my beloved golf Sad

Last edited by Wiztic on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  adi Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Unlucky mate, you doing any of it yourself?
adi
adi
WingMan
WingMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 pm

I would love to, but what with college, work and a work placement next week I wont have time Sad My Grandad is gonna do it for me next wednesday though, then I'll get him back and get a service done on him Smile
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:45 pm

welll, Wednesday has been and gone and it now looks like I'll get him back on the road tomorrow....all the work for the MOT has been done with exception of the exhaust which is damaged worse that orignally thought (one of the flexi has compleatly desintergrated) so, along with the rusted, rounded manifold bolts, its another days work Sad....I miss him, f**king hate the bus Sad
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:22 pm

MoTed and back on the road!! Very Happy

Today was really nice and I used the weather to get alot of little jobs done Smile

First off it was oil and filter time...Flushed the engine out and cleaned out the air intake and suprised how much better he runs after just a good clean down Smile

Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01391

also checked out the brake pipe that nearly killed me had been replaced, along with my new exhaust (well, two halfs of two old ones to make one perfect one Wink)
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01392
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01393

Then I replaced my front engine mount with the one I got from Jacko at the meet...perfect fit mate, cheers Smile Now my lump dont try to break through the bulk head when I boot it in second Very Happy

Also refitted my headling AGAIN, and screwed up my lower dashboard with some self tappers Smile

Very pleased with him....just needs a new alternator bearing (I think?) and he'll be back to his normal, slightly tappy, self Very Happy

Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Another productive day...

I was steam cleaning the rising damp mould off my door cards when I decided I wanted to put my old parcel shelf back in....only without the speakers in it...

this posed a problem: How do I blank the speaker holes??

This is what I came up with:

Massive holes:
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01398-1

Made a fabric sqare big enough to cover the gap:
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01399

Fancied the idea of the VW logo on them:
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01400

So I printed it on using acrilic paint and the old badge:
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01401

Then is was stuffing time:
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01403
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01404

This is now how they look:
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01405
Project Klause, sie German mk 2 - Page 4 DSC01406

Quite pleased with myself Smile

Coments welcome Smile
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:23 pm

that is a good idea. how r they held to the parcel shelf?
lemski
lemski
Top Of The World (Legend)

Back to top Go down

Post  roccy Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 pm

i think thats an awsome design and looks really good.. i like it and saved you having to buy an untouched shelf wich is always good....

keep it up
roccy
roccy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

lemski wrote:that is a good idea. how r they held to the parcel shelf?

gravity Smile...they sit there quite happily, they dont weigh enough to slide about Smile
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  DubaHolic Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:50 pm

iv seen these up close and thought tom had bought them and asked where he got them from as they looked that good, i dont want any for my car but do want some bigger ones for my bed Very Happy
DubaHolic
DubaHolic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:56 pm

DubaHolic wrote:iv seen these up close and thought tom had bought them and asked where he got them from as they looked that good, i dont want any for my car but do want some bigger ones for my bed Very Happy

haha...I should start taking orders Smile
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:00 am

RIGHT...its been a long year, money problems and going away for a few weeks led to the car coming off the road and even going up for sale Sad But now, things are getting better and I'm back on the road and so is Klause Very Happy he's been sat for over 3 months and he started first turn Very Happy

Dec and the new year will hopefully be kind and dry and i'll be able to start working on him again....starting with a custom headlining tomorrow... details to follow

oh, and hello everyone, sorry I've been away sooo long...I've missed you all Very Happy
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  lemski Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:17 pm

u kept the mk2. well i would have thought u would have a camper by now mate
lemski
lemski

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiztic Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Actually bud, as it happens... I have now Very Happy
Wiztic
Wiztic
Can't Shut Me Up
Can't Shut Me Up

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4